SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to create device category with reference material master

former_member421468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

How to create device categories with reference material master? Is it necessary to do any customization setting for it? If yes, where it is to be done?

Thanks,

Harshal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Device Category in IS-U corresponds to a Material in SAP MM module.

So if you create a Device Category called ABC in IS-U it means creating a material in MM module.

You can create Device Categories in IS-U using 'EG01' tcode.

You have to do basic config settings for Device Category under the below IMG path-:

SPRO -> SAP Utilities -> Device Management -> Technology -> Basic Settings

SPRO -> SAP Utilities -> Device Management -> Technology -> Device Category

Please let me know if you are getting any specific error messages while creating a new Device Category.

Thanks,

Mayuresh

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Device Category in IS-U corresponds to a Material in SAP MM module.

So if you create a Device Category called ABC in IS-U it means creating a material in MM module.

You can create Device Categories in IS-U using 'EG01' tcode.

You have to do basic config settings for Device Category under the below IMG path-:

SPRO -> SAP Utilities -> Device Management -> Technology -> Basic Settings

SPRO -> SAP Utilities -> Device Management -> Technology -> Device Category

Please let me know if you are getting any specific error messages while creating a new Device Category.

Thanks,

Mayuresh

former_member421468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mayuresh,

I had created a material with MM01 & entered the same in the following path as a reference material.

Path: SPRO -> SAP Utilities -> Device Management -> Technology -> Device Category->Define help table for specification of material ref.

now after this I can't create device category with this reference material. what are the necessities to create device category with a reference material?

Thanks

Harshal

0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Can you tell me exactly what error you are getting when you go to EG01 tcode and enter your Device Category then enter your division and then clicking on any one of the Basic Device categories?

Probably if tell me the error msg i can guide u quickly?

Thanks,

Mayuresh

0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Have you created entries in:

SPRO -> SAP Utilities -> Master Data -> Basic Settings -> Define structure Indicator and Category of Functional Locations?

Please check or else let me know the error?

Thanks,

Mayuresh

former_member421468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mayuresh,

Device categories can be created in two ways:

1. individual material master for each device category

2. ref. material master for all device categories.

I am trying to create it by 2nd option. By 1st option I can create it & all the customization required for it is already there. by 2nd option separate material master creation should not be required for each device category. As such there is no error.

Thanks

Harshal

former_member421468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the solution.....

Thanks,

Harshal