cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery without SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PLease let me know the business case for creating delivery without SO.

Regards,

Pranshu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

cONSULT YOUR mm CONSULTANT. iT JUST A GOODS ISSUE ON HIS SIDE

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It could be any sales which is not an stock like, Services, Text Item, Non stock item etc.

Regrads,

Ajit K Singh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why would you create a delivery without sales order for service related items?

E.g. repairing of TV

Why would you create a delivery without sales order for this? Moreover, you can create sales order and NO delivery, as there is actually no delivery (transport of goods). And then do billing on the basis of the sales order.

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranshu,

Can you check this links

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Typewriter : So in case of your Truck example , will that be GI or GR ? as it is something which is coming back to your warehouse .

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PGI.

Even if it is "coming in to the warehouse", in VL02N the user shall click on icon "Post Goods Issue". This is similar to RE process. Furthermore, the movement type shall add the packaging stock in inventory.

Rags,

Many thanks for your post! I too agree that business processes are done in many different ways & SAP SD consultant has to map these processes with an objective of effeciency and improvement.

Could you please describe the business process w.r.t sampling, from your experience? That shall help All.

Edited by: Typewriter on Aug 20, 2011 1:21 PM

Edited by: Typewriter on Aug 20, 2011 1:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sampling.. I just want to give some goods for sampling without having to create Sales Orders and not relevant for billing.

Regards,

RS.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From a point of knowledge sharing, I make the below point.

For free of charge process (e.g. sampling, promotion etc.) I would go for Standard process FD (sales doc type) --> LF (Delivery type) rather than delivery without reference.

You can check availability of stock, you can track samples given by Order reason, you can print Order confirmation and sent to customer in it you can have price indications. All these shall not be available in delivery without reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing..I understand and agree the std solution.

However, there could be many business reasons where I would want to use delivery w/o reference to SO for sampling.

There is no standard rule of implementing a solution..

I hope that clarifies.

Regards,

RS.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We sell Electronic equipments to our customers. These equipments are packed with packaging material e.g. foam, cardboard boxes, pallets.

Every 15 days, a truck returns to our delivery plant, with all the packaging material from our customer. For this delivery we don't have any sales order. We create the delivery without reference to sales order, and post GI, ensuring the stock of packaging material is in the warehouse for further use.

In configuration we have set item category as not relevant for billing.