cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A way to allow CTM to create planned orders early only to prevent lateness?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know if there is a way to allow CTM to create planned orders early only to prevent lateness and eliminate planned order early due to resource being available?

Currently we have a CTM IMG setting that allows 30 days earliness. This causes planned orders to get created early if supply and resource are available even if we could be just in time and fulfill demand.

In other words, I would like CTM to plan early demand fulfillment only we we would be late to demand date else ontime fulfillment.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know, what is the planning direction you maintained? If it is Forward scheduling, then this will happen. Please change it to Backward scheduling and try. The main aim of the maximum earliness is to avoid storage costs. At any cost, CTM will not schedule if there is no resource or supply availability to avoid the lateness.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response. We currently do forward scheduling. I tried backward scheduling but results are identical. In SPRO global settings we allow 30 days earliness.

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please give an example from your scenario with the following details?

Demand date:

Receipt date:

Resource availability date:

Also give the quantity details. We will analyze it further.

Regrads,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manimaran:

I apologise. I had used a very complicated example ivoliving STRs for my test yesterday. I tried backward scheduling for a simpler case today and it does help! Really appreciate your inputs.

Regards,

Falguni

Answers (0)