cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Web Service authentication issue. How to use ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I' am a Microsoft technology person I' am working on integrating SAP MDM 7.1 to SharePoint 2010 using MDM Web Services interface and consuming the same in .NET custom component.

I tried the WS with "None" authentication and it worked great.

I' am having issues understanding how HTTPAuthentication with SAP Logon ticket authentication works in MDM.

Created the authentication enabled web service and while testing in NetWeaver WS Navigator, it throws me exception, not able to establish session with repository for user XYZ.

Please help me with the following queries I have:

1) How to test a authentication enabled web service in NetWeaver WS Navigator ? Do the user id/password needs to be set in the "Invocation Parameters" ? Link to any article etc will be appreciated.

2) How to pass the MDM user credentials (or just the username) in the MDM web service in .NET code. I didn't see any parameter in the Client class constructor to pass the same, nothing related to that found in the code that gets generated on adding the service reference.

As per the documentation on the MDM security, looks like a trust relationship also needs to be configured on MDM - allow.ip file entries.

However first I want to understand how to pass this information in Web Services through code.

SharePoint -

(1)--

> SAP PI -
(2)--

> SAP MDM

(integrated with Active Directory (Where Web services are deployed (have its own user accounts)

so logged in user is already authenticated) and have its own user accounts)

The trust relationship configuration could solve the problem of authentication marked in second hop (2) by registering the IP address of PI server.

Please help me understand how would it work to solve the first hop (1) problem and what needs to be done.

Thanks,

Parvinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The window where you update your WSDL URL, enter the user and password for MDM Repository Admin user. This will be your connection user between systems.

Also make sure that the Portal user id you logged in has exactly same one-to-one user mapping in MDM repository. The case should also be same.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this might help

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8162] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gaurav.

The link talks about setting up the Trust with MDM server.

The code sample provided there has the following step where user name is being set and passed to MDM:

Use command to authenticate user session on trusted connection

TrustedUserSessionCommand tuscTrustedUser =

new TrustedUserSessionCommand(mySimpleConnection);

// Set the user name to use

tuscTrustedUser.setUserName(UsernameAsString);

tuscTrustedUser.setSession(session);

tuscTrustedUser.execute();

session = tuscTrustedUser.getSession();

I want to understand how to do that for MDM Web Services.

I didn't see any method accepting this user name while calling the web service method / creating client object.

So that link is still missing.

Appreciate if anyone can help me with that.

This is for MDM 7.1

Thanks,

Parvinder