cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank value added to dropdown list in Adobe Interactive forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see blank value being added to the value list by default to dropdown lists in adobe interactive forms. The real issue is it's being added sometimes as the first value or last value in the drop down list of values which is inconsistent and resulting in Errors sometimes.

Is there a way by which we can control the position of the blank value added by default(SAP or Adobe) to the drop down lists in adobe interactive forms .? Secondly , Is this a SAP or Adobe upgrade issue since we observed this issue only after recent upgrades ...?

I am using HCM processes and forms and I am not adding blank value (space) explicitly in my coding of dropdown list values .

Thanks for your time .

Sankeerth

Edited by: SANKEERTH D on Aug 22, 2011 1:46 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you figure out how to do this? We are having the same issue. We would like to move the blank fields to the bottom of the list. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Christine

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sankeerth,

The Web Dynpro framework generates a blank entry to the value set of the dropdown listbox if the Context attribute bound to the dropdown listbox is "nullable" (see properties of the Context attribute).

The dropdown listboxes of interactive forms will be populated with exactly the same data (value sets) as the "native" Web Dynpro dropdown lisboxes.

For SAP NetWeaver 7 EhP2, there's a Web Dynpro test application (WDR_TEST_ADOBE_ZCI) available, which demonstrates this: Start it and see the dropdown listboxes labeled "Datatype" and "Datatype (nullable)": Both are bound to Context attributes which are of type DATATYPE_D. The only difference is that one of the attributes is "nullable". The dropdown listbox bound to the nullable attribute contains the additional blank entry.

Watch the native Web Dynpro dropdown listboxes below the interactive form: They are bound to the same Context attributes and contain the same value sets as the dropdown listboxes of the interactive form!

Regards,

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you passing the drop down values to Adobe from SAP or are you listing them in Adobe explicity?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for looking at it . I am building drop down values in SAP and binding in Adobe .