cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant see 64 bit odbc data source

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

i using bo 4.0 sp2 patch 3....64 bit server and i trying to connect 64 bit sql server.

i created 64 bit odbc data source from syswow64>odbcat32

but; in designer trying create a odbc connection for this data source but i cannot see this data source..just see 32 bit odbc data source.

whats the problem.

thanx in advance..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Use the ODBC Admin in \system32 or Control Panel, you are using the 32 bit ODBC DSN in syswow64.

Also, if you are using MS SQL Server 2008 then you also need to install the Client Tools, MS has a new separate ODBC and native OLE DB driver called SQLNCLI10.dll and must be used to connect to SQL 2008. MS doesn't support MDAC/WDAC when connecting to 2008.

Install the 64 bit Client Tools.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you.. i used system32/odbcat32 to create for 64 bit odbc.

but in a universe designer connection i cannot see this 64 bit odbc source..just see 32 bit odbc data source.

is this client tools problem?if yes,i didnt understand which client tools i must install..

(i have sql server native client 10.0 and i have SQLNCLI10.dll )

Edited by: werwerhudhe on Aug 20, 2011 2:31 PM

0 Kudos

Which Designer are you using?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

universe design tool

0 Kudos

Hello,

When using the Universe Designer on the work station you are running it in 32 bit and therefore needs the 32 bit DSN and client. Once you publish it to the BOE Server then it is using the 64 bit connector.

So install the 64 bit client tools on your BOE Server and name the 64 bit DSN exactly the same as your 32 bit DSN on the work station and then it should work.

Or rename the 32 bit DSN on your work station the same as your BOE Server.

Don

Answers (0)