cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing with EPSON LQ 300 for preprinted paper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing problem with EPSON printer. I have to print on preprinted paper of size 10 x 6 (W x H) Inches paper. I am using smartfrom to do this requirement. But I am confused yywith fage formats. which one i have to use?

I have tried with standard page format ESR pageformat but it is showing ERROR while calling the smartform SEND_ERROR = 3

( I found the error EPSON is not allowing the this format. )

Its a dot matrix printer.

Can any one help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which device type do you use to print from SAP to the Epson printer? Do you use a device type like EPESCP9? You can see which page formats are supported by the device type via transaction SPAD. SPAD -> Full Admin -> Device Types -> EPESCP9 -> Formats.

If one of these page formats do not meet your requirements, you can create a custom page format. In this case you will need to modify the command for the page size in the printer intialization section for this format within the device type.

SPAD -> Full Admin -> Device Types -> e.g. EPESCP9 -> Formats -> e.g. DINA4 -> Printer Initialization:

1. set page length to DINA4 (=70 lines at 6 LPI)

\e\0x43\0x46

You would need to change this command to the one needed for your custom page format.

Another possibility is to print via windows and device type SAPWIN. if you create a custom page format for SAPWIn, you need to create a page format at windows level and assign as the default for your printe as described in SAP note #163136.

regards,

Aidan

former_member190178
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aiden,

Really nice to see your correct replies to different people.

I also have one query regarding printing in landscape format.

1) I have created a custom page in landscape as (ZDINA4 X 00300 MM 00230 MM.

2) Selected LANDSCAPE option at Smartform level.

3) My Printer model is EPSON LQ 1150 II.

I would like to printi in landscape format but its printing in poirait format only. I really wonder why its happening.

Device Type what I have used is EPESCP2. Please guide.