cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS subcontracting with external activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about "PS subcontracting with external activity" I have not found any information about this for PS subcon flow, I was looking for a subcon PS Wiki but no succeed.

The scenario is to use a external activity to a subcontractor and put the material components to deliver in the external activity and check the subcon check box. Then use the valuated project stock for holding the materials.

For material components there is an option in tab "Proc. Param" and fiel "Mat. Prov. Ind." = "Material Provision Indicator", do you know if this option can be use or be available in PS? This field is grey so I can not do anything with it, so my guess is that option use only by a BOM, could you confirm that for me?

Right now I have a problem in the system so I can not save a project when creating a external activity and use the subcon check box, this is at OSS right now. But I was wondering if I put the material components in a external activity, how will it be represented in the PO?

Will it be only one item in the PO, the service from the external activity? and inside this item will hold all my material components? this can be found in tab "Material data" -> "Components".

Please share if you have some information about this,

Regards

Jose

PS Note that this scenario is not a MM subcon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understood here, you want to send material (goods issue)for subcontracting which will be used for service activity. There will be no materials return from supplier but only service entry sheet will be executed.

Is it correct understanding?

Regards,

Mahendra

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> PS Note that this scenario is not a MM subcon

Your question is not clear. Are you talking about the term sub-contracting on business perspective or sap perspective.

As far as SAP perspective is concerned you can not do sub-contracting with valuated project stock (please refer sap help for further details), as an alternative you can consider consignment functionality to address this, also some work around is available in sdn wiki.

Normally procuring external services known as sub-contracting in business terms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

abdul,

I'm talking what you can do in the system, there is 3 posibilities I have in mind:

Alternative 1

Is when I will send all the parts, thats right separated parts to be one. The material which will be the final material, is not in my stock/company. It is a new material Im manufacturing with the help of a subcontractor.

In PS I want to create a subcontracting external activity, create a PR from PS, create a PO and deliver it to the receiver in other words the subcontractor who will put it together to the final material.

For this alternative I think I have to create the material which the subcontractor will put together and have it as a head material in a BOM. The BOM will represent the parts Im sending for assembly, so when the material is deliver back to me, I will do a goods receipt of the head material.

My question is in this if I have thought this right, if you have experience of this please contact me.

Alternative 2

Is when I will send a existing material and all the parts which will be use to maintain/repair this particular material from my stock/company to a subcontractor who will do the work. This material will have the same material no. when I do the goods receipt.

In PS I want to create a subcontracting external activity, create a PR from PS, create a PO and deliver it to the receiver in other words the subcontractor who will maintain/repair the material.

For this alternative I think I can use a BOM, create a BOM of this existing material which will be maintain/repair with the parts I will send.

My question is in this if I have thought this right, if you have experience of this please contact me.

Alternative 3

This alternative is almost the same as alternative 2 with the exception that the material Im sending will change the material no when its back from the subcontractor. So I will send a existing material and all the parts which will be use to maintain/repair this particular material from my stock/company to a subcontractor who will do the work. This material will get a new material no. when I do the goods receipt.

In PS I want to create a subcontracting external activity, create a PR from PS, create a PO and deliver it to the receiver in other words the subcontractor who will maintain/repair the material.

For this alternative I think I can use a BOM, create a BOM of this existing material which will be maintain/repair with the parts I will send. Then I have to put the new material in my external activity as a material component with negative quantity as part of the subcontracting delivery

I hope my question is now clear for you, we are using the defence and aero solution so what I know I do can use the subcontracting with valuated project stock