cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send Data from Loans into AFI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, i woluld ask one favor but first at all i would like to tell what is the histoy, we are gonna implement the SAP Banking Service, so we are gonna have a non-sap product like a Front so the front will ask for ZFUNCION o BAPIS to create the contract into LOANS but we need to send al the data for example, BP, CONTRACT, PAYMENT, ITEMS, OPEN ITEMS, to AFI at the end of the day, so reading a document related with this topic i found that SAP offer service to send information by measn of PI messages i am really confuse what solution to offer. So does any bady knows how to resolve this problem.

if somebody has an advice i will appreciate .

thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilberto,

SAP Banking Service delivers Standard Enterprise (Web) Services to manage loan functionality out-of-the-box. You won't need to use ZFUNCTION or BAPI's to achieve this.

A lot of the time, these Enterprise Services cater for all the different types of data you've mentioned in one service (e.g. BP, CONTRACT, PAYMENT etc.).

Maybe start with browsing through the ES Workplace:

[http://esworkplace.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?id=B93B737648B94D26A01F85CC8C46510A&fragID=&packageid=DE0426DD9B0249F19515001A64D3F462&iv=]

Goto "Overview Industries" -> "Banking" -> "Loans Management"

The list of Enterprise Services delivered for Loans Management is comprehensive. Entending these services for customer specific requirements can only really be done using a SAP PI or SAP CE (Composition Environment). Then you need to start thing about Workflow / People steps because (with anything loans related) there will be several human intervention approval steps. You can resolve this with the ccBPM functionality in SAP PI.

One other consideration, you'll need to carefully consider service orchestration. While you can get around this with additional code on the front end, it might be better to have a lean and mean front end with an Orchestration Solution like SAP Composition Environment or SAP Netweaver BPM. I think you're looking at a combintaion of solutions, SAP PI and SAP Netweaver BPM for the best agility and flexibility because as a Business Process changes, you can change it accordingly in SAP Netweaver BPM on the fly.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello i am really sorry but i have one question, for example the NON-SAP Front has middleware call VSOP, and the consultant of this product ask me if he can use the Service that SAP offers on ESR, i have read the somethings about this service on the sap portal and i found a lot service that we can use.

These are my Questions:

Can we use the service from ESR?

Do we need to have PI Server Active and all the configurations too?

what happend if during the Analisis detect that we need to add Z Field to our business process(for example to BP table), can we continue using the Service that Sap offers can we works with this fields on the mapping?

when i add a Z field the Service of ESR is update and ready to recibe the data for this Z fields?

i can publicate my own services in ESR?....If it is....how?

Thanks a lot for you help

Edited by: Gilberto Morelos on Sep 1, 2011 3:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilberto,

Just to remove any confusion:

ESR - Enterprise Service Repository is used at design time (for adding Z fields too) and is shipped with SAP PI and SAP CE.

SR - Services Registry is used to publish services (SAP and non-SAP) and is shipped with SAP PI and SAP CE. You could also use a third party UDDI compliant services registry to publish SAP Services or any services in your environment if you don't want to use the SAP PI one or SAP CE one.

SAP Standard Enterprise Services are shipped with SAP Solutions (e.g. Banking Services). These have already been developed using a design-time ESR and the proxies have been generated in the respective backends (e.g. SAP Banking). You can use these enterprise servies as they are out-of-the-box without SAP PI involvement. The problem arises when you want to add Z fields. You would need a design-time ESR environment (with SAP PI or SAP CE) to add these to the service design.

If during analysis you realize that you need additional fields. You would first determine if there is an Enterprise Service that delivers what you need (in most cases there are). Then you can orchestrate (call two web services to achieve the result you're looking for) the call in the front end code or use a service orchestration tool like SAP Netweaver BPM or SAP CE. If that still doesn't work then you can add Z fields but you will need an ESR (PI or CE) for this.

Regards, Trevor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank a lot for you help