cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to copy content (DIR's) from one content server to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to copy some DIR's from one content server to other. I know that I can copy all files from one content server to other, but what I need is, I need to copy selected files.

Thanks,

Tarun.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answer was really helpful, thanks chris.

Edited by: Tarunbabu on Aug 31, 2011 11:15 PM

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

from my point of view I think that maybe report RSIRPIRL (see SAP note 389366) could be useful for you. I would recommend you to create a content repository and storage category for the new content server first. Afterwards you can use this report to move files from storage category A (old content server) to storage category B (new content server).

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply chris, but the thing is that I can move total content with our any report using some Unix commands, but I need to move specific selected files. So I need to select some fiels in A(old content repository) and copy them to B (New Content Repository).

Thanks,

TV

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I think that report DMS_RELOCATE_CONTENT could be useful for your scenario. Because here you can enter the document number and type as well.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

null

Edited by: Tarunbabu on Aug 30, 2011 6:28 AM

Edited by: Tarunbabu on Aug 30, 2011 6:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I need to do document distribution using ALE distribution. I know that we can do the message distribution with ALE and I never done document distribution using ALE (that to a specifica selected document from one content repository to another).

Thanks,

Tarun.