cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Netweaver 7.1, service pack 3 on Windows 2008 Server 64bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Good Morning. I am working as Oracle APPS DBA. I had a requirement for installing Netweaver 7.1, service pack 3 on Windows 2008 Server 64bit machine.

I need this Application server for Vertex O-Series which is working with SQL Server as the database.

Can any of you guys help me in providing the document or steps in order to install this application server?

1. Pre-Requisties steps

2. Installation

3. Post steps

I apperciat your help in this.

Thanks,

Srinivas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"SAP NetWeaver 7.1 with Service Pack 3 or higher" in the vertex manual should read

"SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1 with Service Pack 3 or higher"

Just a bit of confusion from the vertex docs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

We are at the same point too.

Anybody here install the Vertex O series 6 running on the Java Stack? if so, what NW release and what component?

We are currently running an older version on SAP NW640 JAVA with no issue, and I am making the assumption the new Vertex would be running on the same SAP java AS for 7*... maybe not?

The install documents from Vertex say the requirement for SAP is:

"SAP NetWeaver 7.1 with Service Pack 3 or higher" and I see that there is only 7.1 for PI and Mobile.

(Maybe they mean SAP NW 7 SP3?)

We did ask Vertex, the company, about running this on the java app and they wrote:

"Netweaver 7.1 is currently supported for deployment of O Series 6.0. Versions 7.0 and 7.3 of Netweaver are not supported.

O Series 6.0 is supported for use with Java 1.5 and Java 1.6. "

Thanks for your help. And I will post here again if I find my answer.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

...and to add:

Installations of Netweaver systems require a set up and working Solution Manager system to generate your installation keys. So the first step to install a SAP system would be to install a Solution Manager, which is a full featured ABAP + Java system with its own database.

Markus

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find installation guide on http://service.sap.com/instguides.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thank you for your quick response. But when i click on the link it is asking for the credentials which i dont have.

How can i get them?

Let me know.

Thank you,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would need to get an S-user via the link:

https://service.sap.com/request-user

For filling this up, you need to have your SAP Customer installation number - which any valid SAP installation will have.

If not contact your Local SAP representative.

Regards,

Srikishan