cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation of dates in Sales order in gATP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anybody please tell me how scheduling works for the following dates in sales orders for materials planned in gATP.

1) Unloading date 2) Delivery date 3) Goods issue date 4) Loading date 5) Material availability date 6) Transportation planning

My understanding is that gATP gives the MAD date and other remaining dates like transportation planning date, unload date etc are calculated using master data in the calling system eg ECC.

We are facing an issue in our system where if a material is planned in ECC, it has all dates in the sales order calculated as expected based on ECC master data.

If the same material is planned in gATP, it simply copies the MAD date to all other dates. So it is not considering the pick/pack , transportationplanning times from the ECC master data.

Is this standard system behaviour and to avoid this Do we need to activate Scheduling in gATP along with master data maintenence in APO ?or any user exit plus execution steps is avaialble to by pass APO master data mentaince.

Appreciate your responses...Regards - Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

We are facing an issue in our system where if a material is planned in ECC, it has all dates in the sales order calculated as expected based on ECC master data.

If the same material is planned in gATP, it simply copies the MAD date to all other dates.

The system where the parts are planned is irrelevant. The important issue is the system where the ATP is conducted.

My understanding is that gATP gives the MAD date and other remaining dates like transportation planning date, unload date etc are calculated using master data in the calling system e.g. ECC.

I have never seen that statement validated in any SAP documentation.

From online help:

SAP R/3 uses the order type to determine whether shipment scheduling or transportation scheduling should be executed.

If scheduling is activated, SAP R/3 determines a plant for the material for each item. If it is specified in the integration model that the availability check should take place in SAP APO for a material in this plant, transportation and shipment scheduling also takes place in SAP APO.

Standard SAP APO GATP supplies three different methods for shipment scheduling. If you are conducting ATP in APO, and you have not configured one of the three scheduling methods, then shipment scheduling does not take place, and the system will react as you have described.

Read up on it here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/05/f8923945b12c4de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Thank you for the reply. Going by the documentation it seems that we need to have atleast one of the standard APO scheduling methods activated to acheive the dates.

Can you pls let me know if we have any user exit in ECC to bypass the APO step? This is because we want to avoid additional data maintenence in APO, ie; condition records and scheduling steps - incase of activating condition based scheduling OR if there is a way to auto replicate all the ECC data (like pick/pack times and Transport planning times based on the routes) to APO, this would also help.

Pls advice if we are thinking in the correct direction.

Thanks - Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Route/Pick/Pack/Loading durations are set through configuration in R/3. Typically, these values seldom change. The data maintenance workload only increases when ATPs are performed both in R/3 and also in APO. When using both system for availability checking, the workload, although doubled for these four items, is generally considered by most companies to be manageable.

Beyond this statement, I unfortunately have nothing to add concerning your question about userexits. On these forums, I mostly confine my remarks to problems dealing with un-enhanced solutions. Perhaps one of the other members will be willing to assist you in achieving the level of pain you seek.

Best Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

It is not recommended to use the R/3 scheduling and to make the ATP check in APO ! If you have activated a Integration model to do the ATP check in APO you should also use the scheduling in APO ! Otherwise you will never be able to use the other tools in APO e.g. BOP for your orders. There is no possibility to upload the existing conditions, durations from R/3 to APO. This has to be maintained again in APO, but the effort should be ok, as you use the APO just for the real important materials or products (usually).

best regards,

Michael