cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Adaptor Module on Soap Receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In PI 7.1.1 I have a soap receiver communication channel with a call to a simple custom adaptor module before and after the call to the XISoapAdaptorBean

The call before works displaying the message in the call. It seems that the module is not being called for the response.

This used to work in XI. What's changed?

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Besides the fact that you have to change the code according to PI 7.11 API, it should work the same way as in PI 3.0 and PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

To the best of my knowledge I've followed the API when switching the code. The module is extremely simple at the moment; it just logs that it's been called.

public ModuleData process(ModuleContext moduleContext, ModuleData inputModuleData)
		throws ModuleException 
	{ // process
//		get the XI message 
		try
		{
			Message msg = (Message)inputModuleData.getPrincipalData();
			MessageDirection iDirection=msg.getMessageDirection();
			amk = new MessageKey(msg.getMessageId(), iDirection);
			Audit.addAuditLogEntry(amk, AuditLogStatus.SUCCESS, "CreateKeyFields: Module called");
		}
		catch (Exception e) 
		{
			ModuleException me = new ModuleException(e);
			throw me;
		}

return inputModuleData;
	} // process

I'm missing com.sap.aii.af.cpa.svc_api.jar, is this likely to be the culprit? It still compiles, deploys and works for all the outbound modules I've worked on.

Kind regards,

John

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I'm missing com.sap.aii.af.cpa.svc_api.jar, is this likely to be the culprit?

No, there is nothing in your code that uses this library.

Is your sceanrio syncronous?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Yup, it's synchronous. As far as I can recall the interfaces in XI were synchronous as well, or sync/ async at the very least.

Don't tell me that you can't put a custom adaptor module to check the response on a soap call in a synchronous interface.

Kind regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

Problem solved.

I replicated the interface on XI where it worked then went back to PI adding a section to my earlier code to output the context keys. It seems to be fine.

My problem was with the response to the message being identical to the output. A problem in the mapping and not the configuration.

However it was your comment that it should work that made me go back and question everything again.

Kind regards and many thanks,

John