cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Docking from a Factory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I´m doing a first approach to cross docking, So far what I read about it is that the goods are taken from goods receipt to goods issue without being placed in storage in the meantime.

My customer is a factory. They heard about the Cross Docking advantages improving the process in the Warehouse and avoiding storage and inventory tasks (they are using WM).

Iu2019m not sure if Cross Docking can be the way for improving the process of producing and sending to costumers without storing in the warehouse or there is a easy way to follow with not Cross Docking involved.

Thank You

Al

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my opinion it is the quickest possible way to move your goods in a warehouse. It is a good way in case the goods are fast moving or are directly sent to fulfill a customer requirement (which is generally a case with the non make-to-stock products). this blog might be of help: http://blog.tkreddy.com/2009/12/16/cross-docking-functionality-in-sap-ecc-6/

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that all the information I found so far about it is over the process of external goods coming and sending they out without the need of storing in the warehouse. They go directly to the picking area (one step) or in two step process going first from 902 (Good receive from external) to Cross docking Sorage type.and another movement from Cross Docking Storage type to 916 Good issue Storage type.

I need to know if it is possible to implement a solution of Cross Docking for certain number of products having a factory and a warehouse. If so, would you give me a brief process flow?.

Thank You very much.

Al

Edited by: agmogena on Aug 22, 2011 12:01 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The process do not change to much, we have to take care of the goods comming in the warehouse from production instead of having an inbound delivery from a dealer.