cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase the Maximum Number of Lock Entries?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In:

- SM12

- Extras

- Statistics

I see the entry:

Maximum Number of Lock Entries = 3603

In my development system I added the parameter entry 'enque/table_size = 48000' to the DEFAULT profile. This resulted in the new value:

Maximum Number of Lock Entries = 42763

However, I made the same change in my QA system and the Maximum Number of Lock Entries still shows 3606. I have also tried adding it to the instance profile.

Please can you tell me how I can resolve this?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Paul,

As per the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/44/5efc11f3893672e10000000a114a6b/content.htm

The parameter enque/table_size should be manipulated. Just confirming if the profile parameter value is updated in RZ10 -> Goto -> Profile Values -> of a server, after the system restart?

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

Yes, after updating enque/table_size in RZ10 I restarted the SAP system.

I have tried changing enque/table_size to several different values (restarting each time), but the Maximum Number of Lock Entries value does not change.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use RZ11 to check the actual value of enque/table_size.

You may have increased it in the default profile and have still a smaller value i nthe instance profile.

I my ECC6 system, enque/table_size = 102400 and I get

Maximum Number of Lock Entries 126415

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

RZ11 shows the value I set:

enque/table_size = 48000

I have checked that the parameter enque/table_size is not in the instance profiles.

I did also try setting enque/table_size = 48000 in the instance profile, but this did not make any difference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

You obviously did a mistake somewhere. Check and recheck all you have done.

I don't see any reason why your QAS system would not take a new parameter value into account, especially if it has worked on your DEV system and it works everywhere else.

Regards,

Olivier

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you running standalone enqueue or just a classical central instance with enqueue service ?

I suggest:

- remove enque/table_size from all profile

- if you running standalone, define enque/table_size at the ASCS/SCS profile

- if you running classical CI instance, define enque/table_size at the CI's instance profile

restart the instance to take effect.

then re-check SM12.

Regards,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

My QA system is a clustered instance and the change had to be set in the ASCS profile.

Thanks

Answers (0)