cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label printing from Smartforms via Datamax printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Currently i have a smart form which is working fine on Zebra printer and Label is getting printed fine.

But i want to print the same smart form from Datamax Printer.How to proceed on it and what steps need to be followed.

Thanks in advance

Rahul jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can try with SAPWIN device type

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for all the inputs.Got the issue resolved by myself.

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you resolve it?

Regards,

Tom

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a workaround method to print to Datamax label printers from Smartforms or Sapscriptand it is described in SAP notes #135894 and #490295.

All print data including all printer sequences are created by an external program and uploaded into the R/3 system. As per Note #490295 this is done with the Datamax design program Bartender. Then the printing is done via device type LB_DMX.

regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aidan for the reply.

Is there any other way apart from using Bartender software.

Does the inclusion of DPL code in the smartform will wrk?

Please suggest..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan

Let me be explain u the whole scenario

I need to print a label using datamax printer.Now since datamax doesn't understand SAP language and has its own programming language.So i have created a smartform.

In the main window i have created a text in which have written the whole code (in DPL - datamax programming language)for designing & printing of label.NO layout is created in the smartform its just used to write the DPL code.

The datamax printer is attached locally to the system and i am using locl as printer while printing the label.Now when i am printing it using datamax printer.The print is not getting triggered whereas spool is getting genereated.

DPL Code :

<STX>L<CR>
D11<CR>
181100000200040©2010                         &wa_final1-eprom_burn_loc&<CR>
181100000500040&wa_final1-thm_desc&<CR>
181100000800120&wa_final1-matnr_i&<CR>
181100001100040SO:&wa_final1-vbeln& PO:&wa_final1-bstnk&<CR>
181100001400120&wa_final1-name1&<CR>
E<CR>

Please suggest.

Thanks

Rahul Jain

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In theory this should work fine if the DPL code is correct. In this case, you should use device type LB_DMX to create the spool and print. This is a special device type where nearly all print controls are empty. It just passes on the already created print data to the printer. The smartform should not have any other windows than the MAIN window. Usually this method is used with a sapscript form. But it may work with a smrtform also.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan

I have used DPL manual for writing the code.However i have seen in SDN some have mentioned that instead of <STX> we should use <2> or tidal symbol(Alternate Control Code) .Following are the posts for your reference :

Secondly since the datamax printer is attached locally to the system so what i feel is when i used LOCL as printer it will use the default printer of the system which is datamax in this case irrecpective of the settings in SPAD.

Please suggest and correct if i am wrong.Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks

Rahul Jain

Edited by: Rahuljn on Aug 25, 2011 3:13 PM

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create an output device similar to LOCL via transaction SPAD, only assign the device type LB_DMX. Then use this output device to print.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan

I tried the same by creating a new output device similar to LOCL with device type LB_DMX.But still the printer didn't get fired.

Please suggest

Thanks

Rahul Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I am not sure if i have entered in late to post a reply to your query

Can you tell if the SAPLPD dialog appeared when you executed your program. Ideally this pop up shows when ever you fire any print from your SAP system to the printer.

If you are using the DPL code, they do not have the provision to trigger the Spool page. Try adding the below code which will trigger a new spool request and thereby will send it to the printer.

Pleace the below code just before the DPL logic.

NEW-PAGE PRINT ON

NEW-SECTION

PARAMETERS pripar

NO DIALOG.

At the end of the DPL code, paste the below logic.

NEW-PAGE PRINT OFF.

Declare Pripar like below:

Data : pripar LIKE pri_params, " Structure for Passing Print Parameters

Fill pripar with the following

pripar-pdest = <Output Device>

pripar-prcop = '001'.

pripar-plist = <>.

pripar-primm = 'X'.

pripar-prrel = 'X'.

pripar-prnew = 'X'.

pripar-pexpi = '1'.

pripar-linct = '65'.

pripar-linsz = '132'.

pripar-paart = 'X_65_132'.

pripar-prsap = 'D'.

pripar-prrec = sy-uname.

pripar-prdsn = 'LIST1S'.

pripar-ptype = 'TEXT'.

pripar-armod = '1'.

pripar-priot = '5'.

pripar-prunx = 'D'.

pripar-prkeyext = ' 1'.

pripar-prchk = ' 7996'.

val = 'X'.

If you have any further query. please revert.

Cheers,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

I have created a Output device with device type LB_DMX and access type as G.And due to use of G as access type

no SAPLPD dialog appeared.Instead windows popup for printer appears.

I am using the DPL code as mentioned below :

~r
~f190
~O0100
~L
H15
D11
4911A4800500100Hello world
E

And as per dpl manual E tells the printer that the label formtaing is finished and print the label.

BUt still the Datamax printer is not getting triggered.

I have also tried using LOCL output device and in that case SAPLPD popup appears.

Appreciate your help

Thanks

Rahul Jain

Edited by: Rahuljn on Oct 7, 2011 12:41 PM