Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short dump - CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB during MODIFY statement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am getting a short dump with exception CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB on MODIFY statement on database.

On further analysis I noticed that the (Z )transparent table on which MODIFY statement is executed is having 2 primary keys.

1. Delivery Number

2. Position Number.

The MODIFY statement gets executed successfully for FIRST RUN and updates record in Z-table.

During second run where Delivery number is SAME and position number is DIFFERENT(primary key is different than first run), system throws a short dump with exception CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB

My question is how can I avoid this short dump which is coming on second execution of MODIFY statement with different primary key?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Navin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yuri_ziryukin
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Normally the dump consists of 2 parts. One is the exception and another one is the name of runtime error.

Please mention BOTH of them please.

Example:

Runtime Errors SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC

Exception CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

USe commit work after modify statement if you are updating it from work area each time.

You can update whole internal table in one shot too with modify which will be faster, if it suits your need.

If couldn't solve, Better paste your code to get more helpful answer.

BR,

Diwakar

0 Kudos

Hello Diwakar,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I'am already using commit work after this modify statement(after insertion of first record). However this doesnt resolve the problem.

Any other suggestion is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Navin

yuri_ziryukin
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Normally the dump consists of 2 parts. One is the exception and another one is the name of runtime error.

Please mention BOTH of them please.

Example:

Runtime Errors SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC

Exception CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your reply on this thread.

The exception is:

Runtime Errors DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR

Except. CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB

Best Regards,

Navin

0 Kudos

Hi,

there must be a text in the dump that gives more details, like the error code, etc. Could you also paste your MODIFY statement.

Thanks

Sandra

0 Kudos

Yes, paste your program code, Others can see the problem and supply the solution

more clearly.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in the Dump ST22 and system log SM21 for more information on the error, seems the error is returned by the database manager to SAP (eg. ORA-xxxxx for an oracle database)

Regards,

Raymond

PS: And, please, close the thread when solved.

0 Kudos

Hello folks,

Yes, the problem is solved now. I found that one of the field was exceeding the limits defined in the data element.

I modified the calculation of that Z-field and problem is solved now.

I really thank a lot to my fellow colleagues who spent their valuable time to answer my questions.

Best Regards,

Navin