cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping point and plant assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i am maintaining enterprize structure in sd in assignment of organizational unit if i want to assign shipping point to the plant ,its not detecting plant untill i set up sales line(plant+sales organization/distribution channel) .what is the relation between sales line set up with shipping point to plant assingment? please clarify...

Regards

Supriya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

hi,

you have to assigne the point to plant

for that assigne ment of shiping point

GO to spro--IMG-logistic execution--shipping-basic shippingshipping point and goods receiving point--assigne shipping

point in that you should assigne plant and shipping point

Regards

kkl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Shipping Point is the highest org in Logistics execution. The shiping point is determined from loading group,shipping conditions and plant.

You can also set alternative shipping points for the same combinations.

The shipping conditions are maintained at Order type or customer master.

Loading Group is maintained in the material master.

Regards,

Saju.S

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shipping point can ONLY be assigned to a delivering plant.

2. Plants can be "made" in to delivering plant by assigning Sales Org. , D channel to Plant.

Therefore after 2 you have the possibility to assign shipping point to the plant (which has been made a delivering plant)

PS - org unit plant is used in MM, PP and SD etc. but delivering plant is an important org unit for SD.

From a business process perspective - PP: Plant is a manufacturing unit, MM: Plant is a storage of material unit. But to deliver goods to customers, a delivering plant has to be created. Shipping point is the starting point (& the org unit that controls) of outbound deliveries. Thus shipping point is assigned to Delivering plant.

This is also logical from a business process perspective!

Edited by: Typewriter on Aug 19, 2011 3:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Shipping Point: - Shipping points are independent organizational entities within which processing and monitoring of the deliveries as well as goods issue is carried out. A delivery is processed by one shipping point only

If already shipping point is exists, assign to plant as below.

Logistics Exc --> Shipping -> Basic shipping Functions > Shipping Point and Goods Recieving Point Determination.> Assign Shipping Pints.

Gives you more insight

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/dd/5607cd545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

Regards

RG

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The question in this thread is - Why can I NOT see the plant, so that I can assign the shipping point to it?

I have answered that question.

Your information is helpful but not the answer to the question.

As you have replied to Typewriter, do you want to convey anything specific or...?

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Supriya,

When you create a sales order, you might have noticed that you enter a SALES ORDER TYPE and SALES AREA

Based on the PLANT maintained in the CMIR/CMD/MMD, system will trigger the delivery plant in the sales order.

On the basis of Delivery plant , loading group and shipping condition, the shipping point is determined.

In the configuration,

shipping point is assigned to plant

and plant is in-turn assigned to the sales org/distribution channel.

when you assign the shipping point to plant, the entries for plant are taken from the table TVKWZ (Org.Unit: Allowed Plants per Sales Organization)

This might be the reason.

However please check with ABAP-er .

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Charles, ur answer is convincing

Regards,

Supriya