cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being in process and RE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have return sales order (RE) and when I clicks the document flow, system shown the following:

Return Order (Being Processed)

RE Credit Return (Completed)

Accounting Doc (Not Cleared)

why is a Return order indicates "being processed" despite invoice indicated completed??

tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you created the Return Delivery??

Since in case of Sales Return, delivery is created as normal from (VL01N) however instead of PGI as in Normal Sale, here the process is PGR (Post Goods Receipt). And then with reference to Sales Order the Invoice (Credit Note for Return) is created. So create the delivery document for your Return Sales Order.

Regards,

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anand,

The return order (RE) has not create the return delivery transaction yet.

Does it means I need to create the return delivery (i.e. via VL02N), then only the Return Order will have a status of "completed"?

But my invoice already created, do I need to cancel it first?

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you need to create the delivery for this return order, and there is no need to reverse the credit note.

Regards,

Amitesh Anand

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tuffy,

If the returns billing is order related then we can directly issue credit note to the customer and delivery can be done at a later point of time. But this is at the company's risk or if there is any mismatch between the credit given and the amount of goods received a debit note can be raised.

In one of the scenarios I had seen customers of a country demanded for credit immediately when returns order is created. Hence we created an order related billing for the customer and delivery is done at a later point of time.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the return process, the Status of the return order shall remain as "Being processed" until -

1. delivery is PGI and

2. Credit memo is created

So, only completion of 1 or 2 does not make the status Complete! The business logic behind this is ONLY after the entire process is completed, the return order Status shall be changed to Complete.

Edited by: Typewriter on Aug 19, 2011 10:30 PM