cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment BOM in SAP PM

Former Member

Dear Masters,

I have never tried to implement BOMs in PM can anybody give a brief idea about BOM in PM like why is it used for, how to create, how many types of BOMs are there in PM and so on.

Thanks in advance for your valuable replies.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hey Masters,

Thanks for your valuable replies, from this it is very clear what BOM is used for in PM, now the other question comes to my mind is, they say that:

"Bills of material are used to describe the structure of a technical object and to allocate spare parts for maintenance purposes."

can anyone explain me how Bills of Material are used to allocate spare parts for maintenance purposes?

Thanks once again

Chin2

Former Member

Go to IB01, create BoM for equipment.

Now go to IW31, create one Maintenance Order for same equipment. Go to components tab. There in the bottom, you should find List button. Click that, it will list the components which are allocated to Equipment in BoM. If you select any component, that will be filled up in the order with assigned qty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maheswaran even i was looking out for this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok please can u help me how i can link between bom and stocking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please open new thread by referring this one. Also, explain in more detail about your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i assign a componenet to an order then i need to know its status in store ?

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member

This message was moderated.

Former Member

Hello,

In short , for Pm the BOM is used for the tracking of spare parts.

The main functionality of BOM is to get the list of spare parts at the time of creation of maintenance order so that you can save your extra time for searching the proper spare part and its required quant.

There are three types of BOM

Equipment BOM

Function location BOM

Material BOM

you can also create maintenance assembly or IBU assembly. That is not presented physically in the plant but you can assign them to BOM as non stock item.

Regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chintan will u please reply to my discusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have not mentioned your link which you are referring here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Maheshwaran,

Thanks for such a quick response. Thanks for solving my question as always...

Chin2

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BOM is nothing but the spare wise division of the equipment .As naveen specified we can use BOM to save our time in searching spares while creating order .

Also we can use Assembly .the difference between assembly and BOM is that for Assembly we don not maintain stock .they are mainly used to represent the equipment graphically .

Also against a specific assembly we can create order but against BOM we cann't .

Hope this wil help

Regards

PM

Former Member
0 Kudos