cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales return process and receiving the inbound return goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Standard SAP allow a return order (RE) to incurs an invoice billing at SD side without the need of a inbound dlivery creation (to receive the incoming goods return) AND a goods-receipt creation.

question:

1 - why standard SAP allows a invoice billing to take place of a return order without the need to perform a Inbound delivery and goods receipt?

2 - can i setup in the system to make the inbound delivery and goods receipt part of the indispensable process before a billing invoice can take place? if possible, what setup I need in the system?

tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tuffy,

1 - why standard SAP allows a invoice billing to take place of a return order without the need to perform a Inbound delivery and goods receipt?

There might be cases, where is actually no goods return.

For example, we have invoiced a customer some materials, which are broken.

Now imagine the transportation cost for bringing back the broken things to our plant is higher.

In that case, we wont take the glass return.

However we will have to show it as return.

2 - can i setup in the system to make the inbound delivery and goods receipt part of the indispensable process before a billing invoice can take place? if possible, what setup I need in the system?

It depends on your copy control.

If you maintain the copy control properly, we can control this.

In your case, do not maintain copy control between RE order and RETURN INVOICE.

Instead maintain copy control from return order to return delivery first

then maintain the copy control from return delivery to return invoice.

Hope it clarifies your doubt!

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Edited by: Hegal . K . Charles on Aug 19, 2011 3:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hegal and mokirala,

thanks on your reply.

one last question.

If I will to configure the copy control like what you say to make our process to be: 1- return order; 2 - inbound delivery return; 3 - post goods return; 4-RE billing.

In that case, will my first scenario still can be execute and enter in the system (i.e. without the delivery and PGR) after the copy control configuration??

I hope after the copy control setup, the system still allow us to perform two scenario I mentioned without having problem....possible?

thanks.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is quite possible. Maintain Order related billing in your item category (VOV7) setting. By doing so, you can generate credit note even if PGR is not made via VF01, where you need to refer return order. Even if you do PGR, you have to refer return order only in VF01

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tuffy,

Your query has been clarified by Mr.Lakshmipathi.

It will be better if you do a testing in your server.It will give you more understanding on the solutions provided.

If there is any doubts, revert back.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Pls do following setting in this scinario,

1) In VOV7 for Item Category REN for make Billing Relevence as "A"( Delivery Related Billing Type)

2)In VOV8 for Order Type RE maintain Delivery related Billing Type Field.

3) Maintain COPY CONTROL B/W SO -

> Delivery Document and Delivery Document -

> Billing Document

and retry ur process.

Regards,

Ajit K Singh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Physically not possible but to enter such huge amount of the order in a day..

So it could be convenient to create the sales order through some file uploading mechanism via BAPI..

Also need to check with basis team to take care of the other parameter which could be affect the other transaction as precaution .

Sohan

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tuffy,

Regarding your first question....

Following are some scenarios where we require order related billing for returns. Normally such process happens in virtual returns process.

For example in Pharma business or consumer care business, product will have an expiry date after which product can not be used. In this case normally such goods have to be destroyed. If we have a returns delivery created for this delivering product back to company needs transportation amount and destroying needs amount. Hence company will ask the customer to destroy product at the customer's site and have a virtual returns created for this purpose where we can have an order related billing. Customer will be partially paid for the virtual returns.

For the second question if copy controls are maintained between returns order and returns delivery, and returns delivery and invoice (credit note) then only delivery related billing is possible

Edited by: mokirala tilak on Aug 19, 2011 1:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does anyone out there know my questions?

thanks

tuff