Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken DC Issue in ESS Standard code : NWDI

vishal_gupta15
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a track to modify the screens of standard ESS application by using following components:

sap.com_SAP-JEE 7.00 Level 23 Update NW04S_23_REL.110504 Make

sap.com_SAP-JEE 7.00 Level 23 Update NW04S_23_REL.101122 Make

sap.com_SAP_BUILDT 7.00 Level 13 Update bpscore645VRcurU... Make

sap.com_SAP_ESS 600 Level 16 Update ERP05PAT.09250926 SAP AG

sap.com_SAP_ESS 600 Level 16 Update ERP05VAL.07260227 SAP AG

sap.com_SAP_JTECHS 7.00 Level 19 Update NW04S_19_REL.090522 Make

sap.com_SAPPCUI_GP 600 Level 16 Update ERP05VAL.07260227 SAP AG

I have sucessfully made the changes and deploy the same in development environmemt .

But when I was doing the Assemply of the code using default setting I got the Error of Broken DC.

I made the changes in the default settings to sucessfully assemble, but the in the CBS log I find the entries like this:

_Warning:Broken development component: No Export for sap.com,ess/tra/trx/cfg(default), because no old version is present. Export continued anyway (corresponding assembly parameter is set); it will be skipped_

20110818100427 Warning:Broken development component: No Export for sap.com,ess/nl/bank/cfg(default), because no old version is present. Export continued anyway (corresponding assembly parameter is set); it will be skipped

After this I found that their are 238 Broken DC ( in CBS) in the Track at the starting it self( when I create a using above component)

Now how I can I overcome the issue of this Broken DC.

_vishal

NOTE: I have added the PATCH of ESS also in the track, Is it the source of error? does it required?

Edited by: Vishal Gupta on Aug 19, 2011 5:04 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at this guide [CBS Secrets Unveiled u2013 Understanding Broken and Dirty DCs|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/30b7c94e-fc6b-2910-30b8-d34a7b51309e], it should help you fix the broken DCs.

vishal_gupta15
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have refer this link.

Out of 238 broken DC the 237 DC are because of u201Cbroken due to its MetaDatau201D.

but I am not able to find what to do now?

_vishal

vishal_gupta15
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created another track by using following components

sap.com_SAP-JEE 7.00 Level 23 Update NW04S_23_REL.101122 Make

sap.com_SAP_BUILDT 7.00 Level 13 Update bpscore645VRcurU... Make

sap.com_SAP_JTECHS 7.00 Level 19 Update NW04S_19_REL.090522 Make

sap.com_SAPPCUI_GP 600 Level 16 Update ERP05VAL.07260227 SAP AG

I check this track in CBS then I found following:

Total DC = 267 and broken DC = 0.

But as soon as I added foloowing :

sap.com_SAP_ESS 600 Level 16 Update ERP05VAL.07260227 SAP AG

Then check in CBS:

Total DC = 775 and broken DC = 238

Is it because of some version mismatch?

Any ideas ....

_vishal

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to add the EP_BUILDT SC as well.

Take a look at note 872892, it contains the ESS/MSS NWDI cookbook

vishal_gupta15
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks For your inputs.

When I am checking the system Info I am able to see the component :

sap.com EP_BUILDT 7.00 SP12 (1000.7.00.12.0.20070508084000) SAP AG SAP AG

1) but when I move to CMS -. landscape configurator -> select the track -> Click on change button -> In the Software Components portion click on the ADD Sc button -> In the Pop Up try to search the EP_BUILDT component, but not able to find that.

2) when I check the SAP ESS component via SLD -> Software Catelog -> Software Components -> filter SAP ESS -> two entries for SAP ESS ( one with 100 and other 600) -> choose the one with 600. -> in Dependencies Tab from drop down select the Build Time -> following dependencies appear:

a) DI BUILD TOOL 7.00

b) SAP J2EE ENGINE 7.00

c) SAP JAVA TECH SERVICES 7.00

d) SAP PCUI_GP 600

3) The SCA file for the component EP_BUILDT is present in CMS / inbox.

Now can you help me how to add the component EP_BUILDT in the track?

_vishal

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Check the SAP Note 1080927 - Creating CMS track for Common Application Types.

The note gives you which dependencies to add.

And for adding the EP_BUILDT component go to Change Management Service - Landscape Configurator - Domain Data - Go to Change mode and click on Update CMS to see the components missings which are available in SLD.

After this go to Track Data and add the component to the Software Component in the Track.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

> 2) when I check the SAP ESS component via SLD -> Software Catelog -> Software Components -> filter SAP ESS -> two entries for SAP ESS ( one with 100 and other 600) -> choose the one with 600. -> in Dependencies Tab from drop down select the Build Time -> following dependencies appear:

> a) DI BUILD TOOL 7.00

> b) SAP J2EE ENGINE 7.00

> c) SAP JAVA TECH SERVICES 7.00

> d) SAP PCUI_GP 600

>

> 3) The SCA file for the component EP_BUILDT is present in CMS / inbox.

>

> Now can you help me how to add the component EP_BUILDT in the track?

>

> _vishal

In the dependencies tab,click on the "Define Prerequisite Software Component Versions" button and add the "EP BUILD TOOL 7.00" SC as a BuildTime dependency.

Once this is done, follow Pramod's instructions on updating the CMS. You will then be able to the SC to the track in the landscape configurator.

vishal_gupta15
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan / Pramod,

Thanks For your Inputs.

When I am following the step :

"In the dependencies tab,click on the "Define Prerequisite Software Component Versions" button and add the "EP BUILD TOOL 7.00" SC as a BuildTime dependency. "

I am not getting the EP BUILD Tool component in the list....

How to overcome this ?

_vishal

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan / Pramod,

> Thanks For your Inputs.

>

> When I am following the step :

> "In the dependencies tab,click on the "Define Prerequisite Software Component Versions" button and add the "EP BUILD TOOL 7.00" SC as a BuildTime dependency. "

>

> I am not getting the EP BUILD Tool component in the list....

>

> How to overcome this ?

>

> _vishal

Did you do an update CMS, to synch the CMS with the SLD?

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. In SLD, ESS should have EP_BUILDT component as a Build Time Dependency.

2. If this isn't there ask you basis team to update the content file in SLD, this file can be downloaded from Service Marketplace and in SLD navigate to Administration - IMPORT and select the downloaded file.

3. This will update the all the components.

Once this is done, go to CMS - Landscape Configurator - Domain Data - Change and click on UPDATE CMS to sync with SLD.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

vishal_gupta15
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan / Pramod,

Thanks For your Inputs.

Basis team is updating the SLD , once it will done i will share the the output.

Does this SLD update requires only in Development, or in quality and production also.

( NWDI is on the Development server)

vishal

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan / Pramod,

> Thanks For your Inputs.

>

> Basis team is updating the SLD , once it will done i will share the the output.

>

> Does this SLD update requires only in Development, or in quality and production also.

>

> ( NWDI is on the Development server)

>

> vishal

Once the SLD is updated, you will need to do the update CMS so the NWDI get the latest components from the SLD. This only need to be done in dev.

vishal_gupta15
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan / Pramod,

1) We have updated the SLD.

2) After this I move to CMS -> select the track -> domain data -> update CMS -> it gives me 6 warnings like tihis

component (Vendor/Name sap.com/EC-ECLI-RE) changed in SLD server

3) I confirm and this update the CMS.

4) I move to track data and found the state of SAP_ESS as RED. so i perform the Synchronize SC dependendcies -> in the pop up for some component I select the Accept Integration and for some I choose Accept SLD definition.

So that the SAP _ ESS state becomes Green.

5) When I click on SAVE I got the pop up showing info "Software Components of Which the Buildspace Needs an Update

" I click on SAVE ( I also tried other option SAVE & Reimport ; SAVE & Restore).

6) I got the following error :

Cannot find software component release (Vendor/Name/Release sap.com/EC-ECLI-RE/7.00) in CMS. UpdateCMS Server or/and check SLD component content.

I check the following thred but did not able to go ahead as i did not find the component in the list

_vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Did you try re- checking your standard SAP SCs in your CMS? This may help.

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

vishal_gupta15
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Swarnaprakash,

By re -checking - did u mean I have to reimport all the files in the track again ?

_vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Update the CIM in the SLD so that current versions of the dependent software component (SC) definitions are available.

Thanks & regards

bala