cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Japanese Smartform PDF output with Barcode - 4.6C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a requirement where my smartform needs to be generated into a pdf. Majority of the SSF content is Japanese characters. It also displays the document barcode. The Japanese characters are being displayed OK, but the barcode seems to be broken. When I say broken I mean that there are certain parts of my barcode that display the "empty box" garbage instead of the typical solid line. Is there a particular codepage that I need to setup/use in order to display my barcode right? The form is being developed in 4.6C.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For using barcodes in smartform that is converted to a PDF file, this is only possible if you use the New Barcode Technology method or the true type font method for the barcode as described in sections 3 and 4 of the following SAP note:

1557674 - Overview of bar code printing from SAP

regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan

I read through the note you suggested and I found it very informative. I believe the customer has implemented the uploading of a barcode true type font to enable the proper display of barcodes in pdf's, and this is currently working. We are able to directly print/save to pdf smartforms with correctly displayed barcodes using standard (i.e. "English") printers.

The current issue is that since the Smartform has a default Japanese language and the target printer also uses Japanese codepage, specifically 8034. I think this may be affecting the barcode font.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check if they are using the exact same ttru type font in both cases? Is it the same form? Is the character format defined exactly the same in both cases?

Perhaps for the Japanese case, a different device type is used? Maybe it doesn't support the true type font. Check SE73 -> Printer Fonts -> <Device type> for the supported fonts. Some device types don't support true type fonts.

Regards,

Aidan