cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time based disaggregation N - results not as expected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have a question about time based disaggregation for a key figure. Suppose that I set the "Time-Based Disaggreg." value in Planning Area administration to N. I have pasted the documentation for N below so that you do not have to go to help.sap.com again.

Suppose that I enter the value 5 in the month of August and the time buckets profile is Months only. Now, I select a time buckets profile called "Weeks" which has weeks only. The weeks that correspond to the Month of August are weeks Wk35, Wk36, Wk37, Wk38, and, Wk39.

System is putting a value of 5 (as expected) in Weeks 36, 38 and 39. It is doing something else for the first and last weeks. This pattern is consistent.

The storage buckets profile has days in it. When I select the option "Use storage buckets profile" in the data view, I can see that the system is putting a value of 5 in each of the time buckets. This means that the storage is correct.

Does anyone have any idea why the disaggregation seems to be wrong in the weekly case?

N - No disaggregation in time

The value in the planning bucket is copied to each storage bucket; for example, a planning value of 100 for the month of June is copied to each of the storage buckets June 1-2, June 5-9, June 12-16, June 19-23, June 26-30. If you show the planned value for June at runtime, the system outputs the average value of all storage buckets.

This time-based disaggregation type is only available for key figures that have been defined as not fixed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Time-based disaggregation type "N" equally distributes the monthly value to all buckets of the month. If a week is split into two months only the part of the week belonging to this month receives this value.What you see in the weekly view (the overlapping week) is the result of the values from the buckets of the current month and the other one.Since summing up both the values would be incorrect, the average is calculated for this week as per design.

Example: we enter a value of 100 for month April 2009.

Monthly view

March 2009 - 0

April 2009 - 100

May 2009 - 0

Weekly view

W 14 (overlapping)

(100 + 0) / 2 = 50

W 15

W 16

W 17

W 18 (overlapping)

(100 + 0) / 2 = 50

I hope this helps in understanding the behaviour.

Regards,

Sunitha