cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Migration into Sourcing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i am interested in learning how to migrate data into SAP Sourcing (7.0)

i have experience of data migration into SAP via LSMW, BDC and Custom upload programs.

However i do not have the same experience with SAP Sourcing.

Do SAP run a course for this?

or can some point me the direction of Help material/blogs where these detail could be covered.

i searched SDN and Google, but i am not finding the required information.

Thank you for your time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Data migration to e sourcing application is a bit tricky. To migrate master data for e.g. material master, vendors,currency etc. there are standard excel/ csv workbooks (Enterprise Quickstart/ COmpany Quickstart) provided by SAP which can be used.These csv files can be scheduled as job running at selected frequency (Daily/ Hourly) using Setup-> System Setup ->Schedule Tasks to upload data.

In case you are looking to migrate/ mass upload master agreements/contracts, that can also be achieved usinf contract upload workbooks.following blogs would give you a better perspective on building a contract repository:

/people/robert.stevenson/blog/2011/04/18/building-a-clm-contract-repository-part-2-of-2

/people/robert.stevenson/blog/2011/01/24/an-overview-of-the-clm-contract-load-tools

All e sourcing workbooks can be retrived once you login to the e sourcing system. Plz go to Help mentioned in the top menu.

There seems to be no provision for migration of sourcing events (RFx, Auctions) though.May be someone on forum can throw more light on this.

Regards

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! that is a great help!

i have done data migration before so am aware of the intricacies of mapping conversions, testing, reconcilation, and the continous cycle.

However as Sourcing does not allow for mutliple instances in the same way as SAP ECC, are there any test tools/methods for rolling back the data and reloading? or do i have to get Basis to rollback/restore the system to an earlier date? I know you can have multiple tenants but we have not installed them this way...

I have built the integration between systems using PI so will try and do as much as i can using standard functionality, especially for Suppliers and materials....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry

In e Sourcing also you can follow the same 3 environment scenario (Development, Quality and Production and additional cutover system if needed) based on SAP project management methodology. This is very similar to the multiple client scenario you have in case of SAP ECC.Here the concept is called multitenancy wherein multiple instances of e sourcing can be deployed in a single installation each having seperate database cluster. I would suggest you to look up multitenancy on forum for reference.

I dont think there are seperate tools for system rollbacks but database back up can always be taken.Databse rollback would allow you to restore the data to previous date. Apart from that server backup is always an option though used very sparingly. Database backup has served me well in all my deployments so far.

PI for integration is a good option. Apart from that standard ECC integration package is provided with SAP with proper checks maintained to avoid any data corruption/ data loss issues.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Mudit Saini

Edited by: Mudit_UCB on Aug 19, 2011 10:43 AM