Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend ABAP Webdynpro session

former_member186783
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is there a way to extend the abap webdynpro user session?

The problem is that the users want to have 30-40 minutes gap between any user interaction on the application (e.g. they are on a meetting they discuss something, then enter a value to the webdynpro application then they are discussing another issue, and after 30-40 min they enter another value to the WDA application)

Currently the application cannot have 30-40 mins gaps between two user interaction, becase the whole app will end in a session timeot error.

Thanks

N.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes there is. Check the following help link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/25/7e153a1a5b4c2de10000000a114084/content.htm

Roughly speaking it's the parameter rdisp/plugin_auto_logout within ICM. This will allow you to extend the timeout counter.

My advice: Do not extend it. Since people are both demanding AND stupid, this will not only lower your security and your performance but people will quickly ask you to extend it, AGAIN, so they can have an hour lunch break period between WebDynpro interactions...

Hope it helps you though

regards, Lukas

former_member186783
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Thank you for the answer. I do not want to extend it. I just wanted to know my possibilities (worst case scenario is to extend the session). The end users don't even know what is the "user session timeout" , so hopefully they will accept it

Bye

N.

Answers (0)