cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How correlate .PAT files to Support Package numbers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

As we have more than one hundred SAP Systems in different versions, the EPS/in directory is full of old PAT and ATT files that we don't use anymore.

I would like to delete these old files, but I would need a fast method in order to correlate and identify these PAT files to the support package numbers, so as not to delete files that we'll need in the future.

Is there any list that relates PAT file names with SP numbers?

Thank you very much in advance

Regards

Francisco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't think it is possible but I do would like it !

Same kind of problem, it is not really possible to match the downloaded file with the description of a support package.

Same thing with documentation PDF files whith hexadecimal file names.

It happens all the time that I download PDF files that I have already because I have to choose the name my self.

All these exemples are annoying details that SAP should really improve to get our customer life much easier.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Yes, these issues are really annoying.

I laughed with your comment about the PDF names, it's really a pain to rename those weird filenames.

Regards

Francisco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, finally I ran a grep command on the ATT files so I can extract the patch name and the ATT file name in a single line.

After that it's possible to clean and prepare the data by means of a shell script to be treated by a cleaning program, or it can be manipulated directly in a worksheet so you can have a useable list correlating both identifiers.

Regards and thanks anyway for reading.

Francisco

Edited by: Francisco José Martínez Carretero on Aug 19, 2011 2:15 PM