cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation for Remote Key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to create a validation for material that will raise an error if the material is found without a remote key?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Since Remote key is also a field so i guess it should be available in the drop down in Validation Expression box.

Can you please detail what do you want to acheive?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

As per checking in the data manager, Remote Key is not included in the field in the Expression Editor

Regards,

-erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Can you please tell me the business requirement for this,perhaps we can achieve this by other ways.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We syndicate data to ECC systems. We do it by sending a material into a workflow. This remote key is a data that serves as addres to which the material will be delivered (to what particular ECC system).

But sometimes, a material is created without this key.

What happens is sometimes we syndicate this material and expect it in ECC to arrive but it doesn't. Only to know that the remote key for the material is not existing...

That's why I'm trying to find out how to check it by validation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So Remote key is getting generated on record syndication by MDM or is it populated on import?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

it's populated in the import manager. by the way, the example you have sent is java code : )

sorry to confuse you but what I meant is Validation Expression in MDM Data Manager...

Thanks for helping me. : )

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ervin,

My pleasure

The example i sent had both the ways of using Validations,and pg 7 had the Datamanager view.

Going by the information you provided it seems your no generation and remote key both are being populated by import.

If you are not getting the Remote key in validation expression,then you can clone the remote key source on the source side and import the same value on a Dummy field, and make this field as Not Null.This should serve the purpose.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I will try your suggestion. Thank you very much Ravi

Regards,

-erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me know your findings.

Thanks,

Ravi