Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MD04 AND MMBE CONFLICT

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dears

one of my raw material is activated with 01 inspection type and quality plan was created

now i created a PO and send to vendor ....But later on before doing GR against this PO i removed inspection type from material master but my inspection plan was remains there.

Now when i am doing GR against this PO ..

Goods posted to unrestricted stock and MD04 was updated with the stock

But in MMBE this GR qty was not updated in unrestricted stock it was layed in Quality inspection stock

No inspection lot was updated in QA32 screen

Pls tell me why system giving two stock

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Since quality management is active for the said material, I hope you cannot use MB1B transaction to post until you make a decision on the usage of the material/batch.

However you can give a try using MB1B using movement type 321. If it still doesnu2019t happens then in T-code OMJJ allow Movement type 321 for MB1B, then I think it may work.

Give a try and let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

The reason why there is conflict in MMBE and MD04 is well explained already. Now to solve it

Cancel the material document, and post it again, this time while posting the GR you may need to change the stock type from Quality inspection to Unrestricted use.

Regards,

Shyamal

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Sorry the inspection type is not 08 it is 0800

0800 inspection type is generally used when you have inspection stock then you can not active QM view in Material mater.

then in this case you can use QA08 tcode to active QM view inspection setup "inspite of stock"

In backround inspection lot of 0800 is created.

Then you can do stock postings.

Try this and let me know

Regards

Hari

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

i try the way you sujested

but i am not able sucess

the error message is

0150 A70501078 SLEEVE (L.V. HEADPLATE) Mats. with insp. stock

Because of stock still i can not activate 0800

pls tell me were i need to check

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sure what you see in MD04 is unrestricted stock? In the initial screen MD04 shows "available stock" which can be a combination of restricted, unrestricted or block stock. You can define what available stock consists of in customization. SPRO -> Production -> MRP -> Planning -> MRP Calculation -> Stocks -> Define Available Stock. I think the problem is with this configuration. You'd better change this setting and check the results in MD04 in your production system.

You can double click stock field in MD04 and see the details of the stock situation. The details should be the same as MMBE.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

In order to bring the stock from quality inspection to unrestricted use you have to do the following.

Go to transaction code QA08 and tick "Activate Despite Inspection Stock" and enter the material code,plant etc and inspection type as 08. Then execute the transaction and go to QA32, a new lot will be generated with 08 type and you can take usage decision.

After taking the usage decision, you can de-activate the inspection type 08.

Please give a try and let me know

Regards

Hari

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hI

I am not able to do manual inspection lot and also i am not able to activate any inspection type for this material(01 or 08)

when i am try to activate form MM02 and QA08 error message is showing that inspection stock is available

pls help me to how to come out from this issue

Faisal

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The contrast you are seeing in stock between MD04 and MMBE is due to the changes you made in Material Master, after releasing the PO. MD04 transaction operates at Plant level since iti s a MRP transaction and MMBE transaction is for stocks and operates at higher level.

Now, you have Inspection stock (as per MMBE) but, no inspection lot !

Now, to clear this: you need to change the Material Master settings - enabling QM view-activating 01 inspn type. Then, create an inspection lot manually for the Inspection stock you are seeing in MMBE and process the Inspection lot.

Regards, KrishnaM