cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading System QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My client requirement is that they need to maintain grading system during result recording....

E.g. They are using Moisture as MIC the requirement is that if the moisture level is less than 12 the system should consider the material in grade A if more than 12 and less than 16 grade B..and if more than 16 grade C...

Please tell how can i make it possible or is it possible or not ?

Regards,

Pawan Shetty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be done using Classification and Batch Management.

Create MIC with value range: min-max.

Create a class char with different ranges for the values ie. 11-12=grade A, 13-16=grade B etc.

Link the MIC with Class char in Change MIC transaction.

Now, include this MIC in Inspection plan

Create an Inspn lot and attach this Inspn plan

Do Results Recording.

Take UD and do stock transfer to Unrestricted stock.

Now, when you check the materials & batches in BMBC transaction:

You can see all stocks of A/B/C grade as per your selection.

However, I doubt if your purpose can be served by Multiple specifications.

Regards, KrishnaM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I was thinking about the same but will the system automatically take the grade according to result Recording?

Regards,

Pawan Shetty

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The question is do you want the batch to be changed to a different material number?

If not, than in classification you can do the grading by setting up a characteristic called "GRADE". Create a varinat procedure that sets the value of grade to A, B or C based on the value of the moisture characteristic.

You can use batch search strategies then to select the grade for your customers based on the customers requirement. Sales personnel can, from the order, if you set it up this way, change the grade they are looking for.

If you want the material number to be changed, this has to be done manually at the time of the UD.

A customized alternative would be to create a follow-up action after the UD that takes the info from the lot and looks at the mositure level and then does a separate material-to-material stock posting for the batch based on the moisture.

FF

former_member494495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mr.PAwan,

Use user exit in usage decision QA10 to program your batch grading formula.

Then schedule a background job for every 1 hour.

This will do batch grading automatically based on the results entered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have created class characteristics and also maintained that in classification view. Now when I am running the QM cycle I am not able to see anything in RR...Y so?also the cost of the product is set on the basis of grade..how can i map this...

Please Suggest,

Pawan Shetty

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are going to change the price based on grade then you either have to use the active indgredient funcitonality or when you regrade the material you have to change it to a different mateiral number, (maybe use the UD follow-up action I suggested in a previous post).

Active ingredient functionality is standard SAP fucntionality that can base price on a characteristic. This is typically used in food, drug and chemical industries where the product is a slurry or concentrate and you price according to somethiing like total solids or percentage of a particular active component. Orange Juice concentrate for instance was at one time the example used in training. Drug manufacturers use it price the their drug product based on purity. I.e. 97.8 % active. (don't ask what the other 2.2% is!!!)

Here is the SAP help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/dd/6a5c580f6011d383720000e8a5eb64/content.htm

Here is an article from the SDN library by Raguthama Sharma.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10f5850c-f492-2c10-d4b7-f3f64e31c...

Those two links should give you just about everything you need to know to pilot the active ingredient.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos