cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing a Hana Database through a native iPad application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there was a way by which a connection can be established to retrieve data from a Hana Database through an iPad application .

Our team has to build a POC (timelines are very crunchy, about 1 week to build it and get it up and running) on the iPad .

Please help.

~

Shrayas

I065680.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marco_furlanetto
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I participated in the InnoJam in Sydney last month and we built a mobile web app getting data from Hanna really quickly, but only because the organisers provided us with the jdbc driver to access Hana. I'm not sure how easy is to get drivers for other platforms.

Perhaps for your PoC you could use the same having a middleware layer in Java consuming the data from Hana (then your iPad app would get data from your Java layer). It's not ideal but maybe enough for a PoC.

Good luck,

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

That seems like some good info Could you please share some more insight into this ? As to who gave you the JDBC driver and stuff ?

Because we are on a real pinch and would need to finish this up REAL quick >_<

~

Thanks & Regards,

Shrayas

marco_furlanetto
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for delay in replying. Unfortunately I don't have the drivers, I've been given during the InnoJam. I assume you could contact SAP and ask details about it.

Please keep us informed once you have a solution or prototype.

Thanks,

Marco

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually we at Approyo have an Ipad application that we run SAP and all the solutions in a native format.

http://www.approyo.com/#!projects/c1vw1

see the photo's attached and the web link...Hope they help