cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask about ISO 9001

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I am an old member, but I was absent on the board for a long time, I have just returned with new account ( I donu2019t remember my password and email I registered) I do not know if this might be room to ask questions about ISO 9001. If I misplaced, I thanks to the administrator put in place. I'm learning about ISO 9001 but my english is not very good to read these specialized materials in English. Can you tell me a simple and easy way to understand about it ? The concept, purpose and use in organizations. Iu2019m sorry because my english is not good. I hope that you can understand what I wrote.

Many thanks for your helping!

Jenny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ella,

As defined in the ISO 9000 series of standards, effective integration of QM systems in all processes within an organization is a must. Integration of quality management in the procurement, production and sales and distribution processes ensures maximum effectiveness.

The ISO 9000 series of standards requires progressive quality management. Tasks are performed in all phases of the product life cycle, from product and process planning (planning phase), through procurement and production (implementation phase), to sales/distribution and customer-service (usage phase). In the logistics supply chain, process quality is just as important as product quality. Preventing defects is more important than inspections and defect elimination.

The tasks involved in SAP quality management are integrated in the relevant application components and are present in every part of the system.

For example, the Human Resources (HR) component supports you in controlling the quality management element of personnel, the Controlling (CO) component in handling quality-related costs, and the Logistics component Plant Maintenance (PM) in monitoring test equipment.

As part of the Logistics function, the QM component handles the tasks of quality planning, quality inspection, quality control and problem management.

It supports quality in procurement, product verification, quality documentation and corrective tasks.

Go through the following links, you will get fair idea on SAP QM and ISO

www.softsmith.com/webinars/sap_qm.ppt

web.itu.edu.tr/~durucumur/US/QM.doc

http://www.cohesion.biz/sapphire/QM101%20The%20Basics%20and%20Beyond.pdf

www.sdm-c.com/files/Barcelona_Mazliach_SAP_QM.ppt

http://forum.onestopsap.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1264

www.iso.org/iso/ims-alerts_9001_14001_overview.ppt

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harikris,

Thanks for your link. Please keep posting like this.

Edited by: Ella Pacey on Aug 23, 2011 10:32 AM

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A good book by Michael Hölzer, Michael Schramm. Quality Management with SAP gives in detail all the clauses in ISO 9001 and how you can implement in in SAP (different modules & sub-modules). Please refer the first few chapters. That would suffice.

Regarding Auditors: Well!.. they go by the Rule book and look for objective evidence. So, as long as you can convince them with an objective evidence, it would be fine. Regards, KrishnaM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Say what you do, and do what you say.

I prefer "write what you do and do what you write" since you need it documented.

In a nutshell, you can do almost anything you want, manual process, automated system, use an abacus if you want. The key is not allowing exceptions to your procedures. When exceptions happen, they need to be documneted. You need to show control of your processes. ISO docuemtns should not be static and are meant to be changed and modified as you develop new procedures, find new issues and improve your systems.

There are specifics and so much depends on the auditor you get or use. To give you much more is beyond the scope of a simple discussion forum. Don't expect to go unscathed through your audit. Rememeber.. the auditor usually doesn't look good if he doesn't find something wrong with what you are doing!!!! If you change auditors at some point, you'll find a whole bunch of stuff you never knew you were doing wrong before!!

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want to know about ISO 9001 in SAP point of view or what?

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to know ISO 9001 in SAP point.

I think my english is not good enough to read a book about [ISO 9001|http://iso-90012008.net/]. I really see it's difficult.

I searched Google and found somethings but it's difficult to understand.

Edited by: Ella Pacey on Aug 23, 2011 10:33 AM