cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP heterogenous system copy over Oracle RAC 10g

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm planning to do an export/import (Heterogenous copy) from Linux Suse with SAP ERP 6 and Oracle 10g to IBM AIX 6 with SAP ERP 6 - Oracle Rac 10g.

My first test export/import was done sucessfully using export/import migration monitor.

The problems are the post activities.

SAPinst doest not recognize the Oracle RAC. During the import, it is necessary create new tnsnames and Listener, drop the existing Database.

For SAPinst it only exist one database instances. The second instance of the Oracle RAC is empty, like Logs (Mirror and ORILogs) are not created during the import.

Is anyone there with this experince?

Thanks a lot

Nuno Almeida

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

Check the statement in the note 527843 - Oracle RAC support in the SAP environment,

You cannot currently use the SAP installation tool 'SAPINST' to perform a direct installation in an RAC configuration

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun Gedik,

thanks for your help, but is there an solution?

The only way is to install SAP an then convert to Oracle RAC?

NA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

You can find the steps in the document, below;

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d149ec34-0d01-0010-4791-db4f1d864...

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I already have this manual.

The first instalation was based on this document and it was sucessfully.

If I have undestood, the only way to use SAP with Oracle RAC is with a fresh installation.

The last test that I have done, was:

Export / import (Hetero) import on Oracle RAC ( recreate tnsnames, listener and INIT.ORA)

Post activities

SAP Works, with cluster IBM and 2 DI and Oracle RAC only works in one node.

I will try to recreate the second node, manually or with CRS tools.

Thanks a lot

NA

Answers (0)