Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Alerts Mail Configuration Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI Experts,

I have one issue with alert mails.

the requirement is when i push the data with soap adapter to idoc. i am getting same errors with multiple times(The errors may be happen with connection loose or some network problem)so what i want is i don't want these much of errors for example if the connection is loose for 1 hour i am getting 100 alert mails so exactly what i need is instead of those 100 alert mails i want for every 10 minutes i need one alert.

Can you please suggest me where do i make changes to fulfull the requirement(RWB or ABAP Stack or CC)

Thanks,

shaik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have already posted this PI ALERT MAIL CONFIGURATION ISSUE before. At that time with some suggesations i use the option of SURPRESS THE ALERT MAILS IN RUNTIME WORKBENCH. with that i even not getting atleast one alert mail also it blocks all the alert mails perminantely.

But i am face this issue again...

Can any one please suggest me how could i solve this issue.....to get one alert mail only instead of 100 same alert mails.

Thanks & Regards

Shaik..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for your Valuable answers...

I am tested with the option 'SURPRESS MULTIPLE ALERTS OF THIS RULE' with some interface making changes in c.c. but the result is i didn't get no alert mails atleast i didn't get one alert mail also.but that is not my requirement i need ONE ALERT MAIL FOR EVERY 5 MINUTES.

If I use SURPRESS MULTIPLE ALERT OF THIS RULE option how much far time i didn't get alerts. It means when i am getting the alert mails to my mail id if i use the option( how much time it will taken to send the alert mails).

Can you please suggest me what should i do to get the alert mails for every 5 minutes.

thanks,

Shaik

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

shaik

there is no standard solution for your requirement.

Either you can receive all alerts or suppress the alerts so that you don't receive duplicates.

if you need to check and get alerts for every 5 minutes, you will have to customize a lot and build your own alerting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suppress alerts will suppress generating the new alerts untill the created alert got either expired or confirmed...

you can set time interval for expiraiton of alerts at ALRTCATDEF expiry in minutes tab ...

and then you need to schedule the job RSALERTPROC for getting the above alerts expire...so that new alerts can be generated when there is any error...

HTH

Rajesh

azeem_syed2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shaik ,

This is Syed. RWB --> Alert --> Suppress Multiple Alerts of this Rule.

check it.it will be usefull for u.

Regards

Syed

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaik,

Suppress Multiple Alerts is used when you don't want to be informed of the same error multiple times.

For Example: You loose connection or some network problem and this will trigger an alert once.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RWB --> Alert --> Suppress Multiple Alerts of this Rule....