cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not create Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please could someone suggest me why does it say that "Could not create demo database" when I install a "server" of SAP B1 8.8 after installing server tools?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everybody

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.......

Please check these threads.......

Hope this will help you...........

Regards,

Rahul

former_member196081
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are reinstalling your server and you did not delete the DemoIN database from SQL SERVER.

Regards

Deepak tyagi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Yes you are right, I am reinstalling server but please can you tell me what all things do I need to check/delete before reinstallation.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

If you reinstall the server,You need to request the new license file from SAP since the hardware key has changed....

Edited by: kambadasan on Aug 18, 2011 2:33 PM

former_member196081
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Befor reinstall the SAP B one, You should uninstall (All Sap Module properly). Then delete the "SAP" from Program files and delete DB from The SQL SERVER.

Regards

Deepak Tyagi

Former Member
0 Kudos

In 8.8 licenses are either global or specific localisations. If your license doesn't support the localisation of the database you are trying to create it won't create.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

As I have deleted DB from SQL Server, now it is not even connecting to SQL Server Management Studio also. Now what can be done.

Thanks.

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should check Note No. : : 946676 , it explains what needs to be done.

Kind Regards,

Jitin

SAP Business One Forum Team

former_member196081
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my suggestion ,You should uninstall again SAP Components and SQL Server And Delete SAP folder from program files and delete all file from Temp folder. Now reinstall the sqlserver and SAP components.

Note::: Wait for others Experts views also...

Regards

Deepak tyagi

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check Note No. : [946676|https://b1-support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/946676] and see if the same is of any help regarding your question.

Kind Regards,

Jitin

SAP Business One Forum Team