cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS Configuration Doc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are going to start TDMS configuration in our environment. As a first step we have completed the installation of Add-ons in my central, sender and receiver system. Since we already have a quality system in place we dont want to do system shell creation in our receiver system. So we think we can directly start our TDMS configuration in Transaction code CNV_MBT_TDMS. Please correct me if i am wrong. Is there any document available which will explain step by step procedure to perform this activity.

Note : our main aim to scramble our HR Data from production and transfer the same to quality. Is there any specific pre-requsite need to done before scrambling?

Thanks,

Mathew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188770
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

You can refer the below articles and blog to help you tranfer HR data and scramble them.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/703ba70d-ccb9-2d10-458b-bc4ba9069260

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/d0bbb9bd-22b1-2d10-9483-e1d20a7ae5af

/people/poonam.assudani/blog/2010/12/22/sap-tdms-hcm-tips-and-tricks

TDMS HCM Solution - 03 Scrambling

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001442292009E/index.htm

Thanks,

Poonam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poonam,

Predefined-HCM Scrambling Content for UAE is available.. Please let me know.

Thanks,

former_member188770
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Predifined template for UAE is not present.

In this case you can copy the existing template 'International' which is for generic scrambling.

You can also create your own scrambling rules for the specific fields that you need to scramble.

Please refer the scrambling guide for this .

Thanks,

Poonam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for you reply poonam...

i need some clarification.... i am doing TDMS activity for time based reduction(3 months data ) to my quality system....what will happen to my master data which has been created since 2008 in my production. whether it needs to copy separately (TDMS Activity) to my quality? please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Time based reduction will copy the master data in full and the transaction data will be reduced based on time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks, for your reply..

For User and Role creation. How many user i need to create in sender and receiver system.. and what is the user type.

Hope user CPIC (Communication user) is enough to perform TDMS activity in sender and reciever sytem?

In control system whether i need to create one separate user for RFC i.e., CPIC(communication user) or i shall use same dialog user which i have created to perform the TDMS config.

Please let me know Thanks.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes to execute a TDMS package you need to create a CPIC user in all the systems and assign the role SAP_TDMS_USER to the user.

Yes you may use the dialog user that you created in the central/control system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for your reply...

Do u have any step by step document for creating TDMS Package. Please share with me.

Please send me if the document available for HCM (Scrambling HR Data)

Thanks in advance

Thanks,

former_member188770
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer below document on the service market place for scrambling.

TDMS HCM Solution - 03 Scrambling

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001442292009E/index.htm

Apart from this there are number of blogs and artilcles on SDN describing step by step on the usage of TDMS HCM .

Thanks,

Poonam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any step by step document available for normal TDMS run (Time based reduction)

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, i do not have a step by step guide. But you will find some good information on TDMS SDN threads.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is there any step by step document available for normal TDMS run (Time based reduction)

The documentation is included in the process itself, every step is explained.

Markus