Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with SUIM after EHP5 Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have recently upgraded our SAP System to EHP5, everything seems to be normal though.

1. When we do a search in SUIM under "Roles by Complex Selection Criteria" --> Transaction Code --> KSB9 and hit Execute we are popped up with about 1000+ Roles, however none of the roles list are assigned with this transaction.

2. When we do a similar search in SUIM under "Roles by Complex Selection Criteria" --> Authorization Object S_TCODE and set the value to KSB9 this work and provides with with a list of roles which has access to the Transaction code KSB9.

We tested the same in other system which is not yet upgraded to EHP5, we see that the system gives the correct list of roles by doing in the above mentioned two ways.

I have search in the market place to find a bug fix however no solution found.

Please advice for a fix.

Regards

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it's nothing to do with EHP5 upgrade

i checked in 4.6C system and found same results!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

Refer and implement the applicable SAP Notes, which are published to resolve issues with SUIM report inconsistencies:

Note 1575598 - SUIM RSUSR070 incorr. results when searching for transaction

Note 1527861 - SUIM: Incorrect results when searching for auth. objects

Note 1393940 - SUIM| Incorrect results when searching for profile and roles

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to the pestilent SUIM program errors, you might be editing the roles via "Edit old status" and not "read old and merge with new".

IMO SAP should remove this option to edit the old status... (and also record the profile data when releasing transports). It would spare us a lot of confusion.

Cheers,

Juluis

0 Kudos

IMO SAP should remove this option to edit the old status... (and also record the profile data when releasing transports). It would spare us a lot of confusion

agressive / blunt / true

0 Kudos

Thank you for the support!

Unfortunately there are some legacy technical obsticles... ;-(

A PRGN_CUST option to hide the "Edit old status" radio button would however help a lot!

I will create a security wishlist wiki for it.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.