cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Look up (Qualified flat) (Multivalued) with more than 1 Non Qualf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can any one thow inputs on process on Importing Look up (Qualified flat) (Multivalued) where we have more than one Non Qualifers automatically using MDIS.

I am importing qualified table along with main table since it is an automatic process using MDIS.

Qualified table initial value:

Non Qualifier 1:X (type:text)

Non Qualifier 2:Y (type:look up flat)

Qualifier 1:currency

Qualifier 2:Start date

Qualifier 3:end date

Both Non qualifier is a Display field.

I mapped all Qualifier and Non Qualifier fields and then right click-compound field. This compound field is mapped to the destination field(Contract price).

Here in Ist import i get with values as mentioned above and it is maintained in DM so it gets matched and process successfully.

In 2nd import i get a different value in (Non Qualifier 1 : P). So, Now since this value is not maintained in DM,I need to Add this value and Map it on importing main table itself automatically.

Is it possible?.

Or Is it Mandate that all Non Qualfier values needs to maintained before importing main table.

If this is the case then My Non Qualfier 1 is a text field and it gets value every time newly.

i get an error with no COmpound field getting populated automatcically in source side and throws structural exception. On trying to import manually using Port option , Compound field is enabled but on clicking on it i get an error 'Unable to reterieve the source records'

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

In your case the problem is the one of the Non qualifier is Flat look up table.

So whenever there is new value in input file, IM has to 1st add it in Flat lookup table & then add/refer that value in Qualified Table which it can not do in one import.

So if value is already there in Flat lookup table, but not in Qualified Lookup table, then you can add it during import (Using MDIS add option)

I hope now you understand the technical problem.

Thanks.

Mahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheshwari,

The issue is not with the second Qualifier 2. It is with the Qualifier 1 (Type :Text).

The Qualifier 1 gets the new value every time.

And when we create a compound field and map to the Destination field it is of combination as below.

Source field (NQ1, NQ2, Q1, Q2, Q3) mapping to Destination field (NQ1, NQ2, Q1, Q2, Q3)

So for example.

We have a record as (X, Y, currency, Start date, End date) in DM.

So

1st import:

(X, Y, currency, Start date, End date)-----(X, Y, currency, Start date, End date)

Mapped successfully.

2nd Import:

new value comes in NQ1.

(P, Y, currency, Start date, End date)-----??No value mapping done , no value maintained

Failed in automatic MDIS.

Here we need to ADD and map right. IF so, how to do?

Thanks,

pradeep