cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one tell me the step by step process used in QM for GR for Production Inspection type (04) and about QE51n t-code

Like how to create Inspection lots,Material charecteristics , Inspection plan etc.

Please help me in understanding the process

Regard's,

Uday.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Though it sounds childish ,but i would like to post you all the discrete steps required for successful ispection lot posting-

Scenario: You need to inspect Finished material once it is received for production.

Basic Settings needed in IMG (PRIOR) : Control Key for QM in Prcmt

Certificate Type

Master data needed : Material Master (FERT)

Master Insp. Characteristics

Inspection Plan

Steps :

1. MM01 : Create Finish material

In QM View in Material Master :

Give Certificate type. QM Control Key and ensure QM Proc. active

Click Insp. setup

Assign insp. Type 04 – GR Insp. for order, by selecting new insp. Types.

Ensure it as active plan, by ticking the active indicator.

2. Goto QS21 , create Master Inspection characteristic

Give Status as Released and Complete copy model for mic

Select Quantitative characteristics and tick the relevant indicators i.e., in this case Lower specific limit, Upper specific limit and Check Target value.

Press Enter

It`ll prompt you for entering lower, upper and target values for the MIC ,

Enter the values.

SAVE

3. GOTO QP01 – Create Inspection Plan with status – Released (4) and Usage – GR (5)

- Click operations, Create Insp. Operation and give the control key as QM01

- Select the inspection operation and click on the insp. Characteristics,

assign the MIC you`ve created and press enter. All the characteristics

will be copied.

4. GOTO QA32 – Inspection lot selection

Give Material and Plant Execute

Select your inspection lot line, and select result recording.

{Incase, if it is not allowed to record results, GOTO QE02, give insp. Lot and select Change Insp. Lot Icon, give the relevant task list usage and press TASK LIST button in the Inspection specification Tab and then SAVE}

Give inspected quantity and target value that is checked

SAVE

You can find in QA32, that the status is changed to INSPECTED

Now again select the insp. Lot in QA32 and goto Usage decision,

Give UD as A – for accept and Quantity to be moved to unrestricted use stock.

SAVE

REFRESH

9. GOTO MMBE

Now you can observe that the stock has moved to Unrestricted use.

Hope it fulfils your purpose at some extent.

Regards

Chandra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding the QM in Production (Inspection type 04)

1. Assign the Inspection type 04 in material master and in tick the preferred Insp. type and Active insp. type.

2. In the details area (just below the Inspection type screen in Material master) you need to click post to inspection stock and Inspection with task list.

3.You need to create MIC (QS21). For codes create in QS41 and QS51 and you can assign the code in MIC

4. Create inspection task list in QP01 with usage as 5 (goods receipt)

5. Create a operation in the task list in that assign the MIC

6.After completing the production, when you do a GR

Inspection lot will be generatd and you can do the results recording in QE51N and you can take usage decision QA11/ QA32 to move the stock from QI stock to unrestricted during UD.

Thanks,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one tell me in Which table can we find the existing MIC for a material and plant. Because in QS23 t-code I cannot able to find existing MIC for our plant.

Regard's,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check in T.Coe QS28 MIC List.

You can also see the table QPMK.

thanks,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi,

Regarding the QM for 04 type inspection, I created MIC in QS21 and I cannot able to see the MIC in QE51n..How can I assign the MIC for QE51n ..??

In the reply mail of your's I did not understand the point "You need to create MIC (QS21). For codes create in QS41 and QS51 and you can assign the code in MIC"

what is the use of QS41 and QS51 t-codes..??

Please explain me what to do after creating MIC in Qs21..

Waiting for your response.

Regard's,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for example you are going to do GR inspection from production, you need to create MIC and assign the MIC in QS21 and assign the MIC in the inspection plan in QA01. After creating the inspection lot you can able to seethe MIC in QE51N.

So first assign the MIC to the inspection plan (if you activate the inspection through task list in the material master QM view and inspection type details) if you have activated inspection with material specification then you need to assign MIC in QS61.

Thanks,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi,

I have created MIC in QS21 and saved..but where should I assign them in QA02 to see all the MIC's in QE51N T-code..?? my client want's to do Result's recording using MIC and not through Task list.. so using QP02 t-code is of no use for me,..for one of the FG which my client has provided for reference, I can see all the MIC's in QE51N t-code. Please guide me...

Regard's

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one tell me how to assign to assign them in QS21 MIC to Material so that we can see them in QE51..??

Please reply.

Regard's,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem resolved. CLosing the Thread.

Regard's,

Uday.

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear assign the 04 inspection type with active box,post to insp.stock box ticked for the required material.

Create a Inspection plan in QP01 for the particular material with to be inspected characteristics and specifications.

Once Production order GR is done inspection lot gets generated with posting the GR stock to QI which can checked in MMBE.

Do the Results recording in QE51N or QA32.

Based on Results do usage decision in QA11 or QA32 with stock posting.

Cheers

KK