cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install MI Client on PPC2003 Emulator ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HiEveryone,

As I know , we need CrEme JVM and MI client installable CAB file to complete installation on Emulator.

But, i am unable to find CrEme JVM ( X86 processor , emulator one ) and Mi Client cab file for Emulator.

Could anybody help me locate the installables ?

Regards,

Vipin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vipin,

first u have to install CrE-ME V4.10 from creme site after that u will need three more jar files

The three required SSL files are jcert.jar, jnet.jar, and jsse.jar that can be downloaded from Suns' site (http://java.sun.com/products/jsse/index-103.html).

These three jar files must then be downloaded to the \windows\CrEme\lib\ext directory of the target device (CrE-ME will find these files automatically).

after that u have to download MI25Tom_en.CAB from service.sap.com. and install it in the pda.

it will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

Thanks you very much for the valuable information. I will follow the steps as you have told me, but i need one more confirmation that , these steps are for the EMULATOR not actual device.

you have mentioned in your reply that install it in pda.

Regards,

Vipin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii vipin,

ya the same u have to follow for PDA as well as emulator.

In case if u get any difficulty just do reply.

Regards,

Devendra

*Rewards points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

First of all few information ,

X86 cab file for PPC 2003 is not avaliable for CrEme V4.00 or infact any CrEme Version.

The below Q&A is provided Creme Guys on their website:

Q. Can I run CrEme with the Windows CE Emulator?

A. No, but a CrEme Emulator is provided in the MAX kit. Using the CrEme Emulator, you can test your Application / Applet on a desktop, before downloading it to your target device.

-

Secondly , i have downloaded CrE-ME411_ARM_CE42_PPC.exe.

I tried it to install it got following errors.

1) When i tried to install the exe file on a desktop that doesnt have .Net installed , it gave error

" The Program requires WINDOWS CE 2.0 or later."

2) When i tried to install the exe file on a dekstop that has visual .net 2003 installed, it gave error

" Error installing ikernal.exe (0X900 )

i have windows 2000 server installed on both the desktops.

-

So, now questions are :

1) how to install MI CLIENT on PPC2003 Emualtor ?

2) How to install CrE-ME411_ARM_CE42_PPC.exe on Desktop ?

Thanks & regards,

Vipin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Could anybody plesae give any pointers to my query

"How to install MI Client on PPC2003 Emulator "?

Thanks & Regards,

Vipin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vipin,

1. Install Microsoft Active Sync (latest version) downloaded form the microsoft site.

2. In the connection settings of your Active sync, check the box Allow Connections to one of the following - and select DMA from that drop down.

3. Start your PPC Emulator. You will see the active sync turning green. Now double click on the exe file to install the same.

OR

you need to download the .CAB file from NSICOM site. there's a seperate link for SAP Mobile Client site. http://www.nsicom.com/Default.aspx?tabid=289

to install MI CLient:

1.for installing the .CAB files put them on the storage card of the emulator and access the file from the emulator. that will install itself.

2. to install the MI Client on the emulator look for the file MI25CORE_en.CAB or MI25TOM_en in the CABFILES direcotry of your client installable.

3. import the same into the emulator storage card and tap the file on the emulator screen. it will install.

Remember to do a soft reset of the emulator before you continue after installtion.

Regards

Arunkumar Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

ITS NOT WORKING , here are the details

1) I didnt have the option of DMA on the Activesync's Connection settings.

2) I downloaded "CrEme326_AX_CE42_PPC_minimal".CAB from the link "http://www.nsicom.com/Default.aspx?tabid=289".

I installed it in POCKECT PC 2003 EMULATOR.

Then i installed "MI25Tom_en".CAB in the ppc2003 emulator.

i installed them using storage card on emulator.

then i soft reset the emulator , and the first window that apperared after that was "Creme is not a valid pocket pc application".

then , i clicked on mobileinfrastucture link in startup of EMULATOR - a PIE opened with" Page not found" message .Address in the emulator was "

http://127.0.0.1:4444"; .

-

is the cab file that got downloaded is for X86 processor ?

Arun, if u hve cab file , could you just mail me ?

Thanks & Regards,

Vipin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if you have .cab file, forget active sync. and Active sync connection settings i'm talking about is the one on the desktop pc not your PPC.

anyways...

Check your emulator settings.

Start --> Settings --> System --> About. It will tell you what proccessor you are working on... i'm working on ARM920 Device emulator.

and the JVM file i got is what you have downloaded.

install the JVM .cab file. do a soft reset. then your MI .cab file. then another soft reset. on restarting, your client should work fine. use http://localhost:4444/ not the ip address.

Regards

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vipin,

Did the solutions work? is ur problem solved?

~Ak