Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response for successful Idoc post

sherin_jose4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Curerently we are in the designing specifications phase of a project where there is a requirement which i am not sure if it can be achieved or not, hope i can get some help here.

The interface flow would be an File to Idoc scenario where multiple Idocs will be posted in the ECC system. The requirement that our client wants is to get an acknowledgement from the ECC system for the log of the number of Idocs posted. Say that there are 4 Idoc data present in a single file and gets posted in the ECC system, i believe there will be 4 entries in the ECC system and is there a possibilty that i could get a single acknowledgement for the 4 Idocs posted ?

Please let me know if this can be achived and how it can be done or is there an alternate suggestion for this requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Sherin Jose P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sherin Jose P,

You could have used "Idoc Acknowledgements" feature provided by SAP. But this is possible with Idoc to Idoc scenario. Since you have File to Idoc, check if you can adapt the Idoc Acknowledgements for the file part of the interface.

Idoc Acknowledgement basically sends an acknowledgement Idoc (ALEAUD) to the sender which contains details about all Idocs posted in the target system. Check if you can map ALEAUD Idoc structure to your file structure.

- Netrey

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Response for successful Idoc post

you can have an additional IDOC --> File scenario...the IDOC message in this case would be in response for the original message. Ask the ECC system to populate the number of records in this response IDOC message.