cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to attach HTML content to DMS Document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement in which I have to make a HTML file which contains the current Dispaly on screen, I have to attach this HTML file inside the DMS document.

For this I am doing following steps.

1 ) FM SAVE_LIST

2) FM WWW_HTML_FROM_LISTOBJECT, form this FM I am getting the Internal table which is containing the HTML content.

a) I am converting this internal table content ot first in XSTRING using FM SCMS_TEXT_TO_XSTRING

b) And XSTRING to Binary format.

3) After this I am creating a DMS cocument using FM CVAPI_DOC_CREATE

3) After DMS document creation I am using FM CVAPI_DOC_CHECKIN to attach HTML file content to this DMS Document.

Everthing seems to be ok, but when I am using CV03N to view the document, its showing the HTML file bu not showing the original content(HTML)

Please help to find the problem, Is there any other way from which I could CHECKIN HTML content directly inside DMS document in HTML form without converting it to binary.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have not understood the requirement.

As far as I know, HTML need not to be checked in.

Refer also link below

May be useful in choice of FM.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

In Existing program, we are creating and first downloading the HTML to local computer.

and calling BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2 if document already exist else BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 to create DMS document.

In above BAPI we were passing the local file path of that HTML to attach HTML to the DMS Document.

Now we have to remove the process of downloading of HTML file to local and again upload. We need a solution so that we can upload the content of HTML in DMS Document directly.