Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Material reservation for sales orders

Dear Experts,

I was fancying that a reservation (material reservation -withdrawable relevant to location) created for a sales order(full qty) confirms the order during ATP check at delivery creation. I note that the reservation creates a requirement (which is understandable) but I expected the ATP quantity against which I am simulating the sales order delivery for availability check is should get confirmed considering this reservation as a receipt

Is this a normal behaviour. or am I missing to interpret something very basic.

Objective is: If I create a reservation manually (231 movement type) and assign it to a sales order, the corresponding delivery should be created at least for the quantity that is reserved or more if stock(ATP quantity) is available.

PS: For simplicity sake I did ensure that quantity reserved was also available on the base date (available against ATP)

What I do with these reservations later is another story.

Appreciate your replies.Let me know if more context or information is required.

Regards

L.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Loknath,

Hmm, a change in direction....

pegging by no means is a guarantee of confirmation unless I consider pegging in check control.

Absolutely, that was why the link I published was "Fixed Pegging in the ATP process". What were you expecting? Of course you are going to change your ATP, that is the whole point of this dialogue.

Anyhow, your latest requirements are typically supported by using Characteristics Based availability checking.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/4c/642661045f4b55e10000000a42189e/frameset.htm

If CDP ATP is unsatisfactory, then I fall back to my original suggestion, which is to use MTO ATP, using planned orders, and perhaps also using fixed pegging in the ATP check. It would take quite a few stars to be badly out of alignment for your sales order to 'miss' your designated batch using this functionality.

If neither of these proposals is acceptable, then I would say you are probably facing a customized solution. And, in case you are inclined to ask, no, I do not recommend such a solution, nor do I ever offer assistance for ehhanced solutions in these forums.

Best Regards, & Good Luck,

DB49

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question