Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Server Issues after executing simple File to DB (MS Access) scenario

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I have faced a strange issue couple of times while creating a simple File to DB scenario using MS Access database in PI 7.0 n PI 7.1 servers running on UNIX platform. I have executed the same scenario in PI installed on Windows 2003 Server. It worked well without any issues. As per my knowledge this scenario is OS independent and should not create any issues at server level. Even if there is any issue it should fail at communication channel level but not at the extent of crashing the server.

I have experienced this issue twice. I have created and execute this scenario using below blog in PI running on UNIX, PI Java engine went down. Basis has restarted the PI server. ABAP engine is up. But Java engine restarts again and again.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2590

Did anyone have faced these issues before?

Are there any settings we need to change at Server level?

Please kindly let me know your inputs. Thank You.

Regards

Phani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vkaushik82
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Do you mean that whenever you are runing or testing this scenerio server went down.

Have you tested any scenerio other then MS Access which is running fine or not on PI Server.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Closing this thread myself. Thank You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani

PLease let me know if any driver is required to access MS access data base through PI.

Please reply its very urgent requirement

Regards

Sandeep

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

As suspected the issue was with JDBC Adapter. Basis has resolved this by following below notes.

Note 994433 - XI AF on J2EE Engine terminates with OutOfMemoryError

Note 1395622 - Change the startup mode for PI 7.1 JDBC & File JEE services

Based on SAP Note, We have stopped the service com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.svc using config tool and restarted the instance. Now both Abap & Java is up and Running in PI Dev server.

Before we start the service/component: com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.svc manually as suggested in note, please stop the interface in Abap runtime workbench which is creating the problem and confirm to start the service manually.