cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charm : Exceptional situation occurred when we changed status of ticket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

We were in SAP SOLMAN EHP1 SP20 and we use CHARM daily.

We passed the sp 27 in SOLMAN and we don't see any difference in the behavior of Charm at this moment.

But now we have a strange error, when we changed a ticket to "in development" at "in test", if a task is not release, we have an exception error and the status is "In test", therefore before we had the error "Your task is not release" and the status was still "In development".

Moreover, we have to "recheck the correction" in order to see the real status error "your task is not release", but 'cause we are in rfu we have to redo the action 'in development' to reset the status and release the task...

Does anybody have this strange behavior? I've check a lot of notes, search on google, saphoogle, i've find nothing.

I think it's because of the sp 27 but i can't see why.

It seems that the error arrived because it tests if the task is released and after he makes a copy transport but there, he makes the error because he don't stop at the released task check.

I don't know where the problem is and how i can resolve it...

I hope you will help me.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having a hard time understanding your issue. Can you reword it a bit?

You'll get the error about your task not being released when you try to do the actions Complete Development and Test Transport. Both of which are trying to create a Transport of Copies. Just release it in SE09 and perform the action again.

If you have to recheck procedure on your change request, you cannot always believe the status you see. If you check the log you'll see the status was never really changed. Basically, you can only trustthe status displayed if you dont have any errors on your change document.

Hope this helps. Clarify your question some more if you need more help.

Edit: Also, you should never have an open task on a transport if you are in Testing.

Edited by: Jason Hickok on Aug 18, 2011 1:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason, thanks for the quick answer,

I administrate the system, i know that the correct behavior for the users is to released the task and after you change the status of the ticket.

But sometimes, persons in charge of the evolution forget to check the task, and change the status, therefore the task is not released.

My problem is the check of the released task done by charm, because before we did not have this problem, the system verified that the tasks were well paid and it did not change the status. But now we made ​​an exception socm_exception, the behavior has changed and we do not know why.

The status doesn't change in the log.

I want to return to the original behavior that when we have an unreleased task, the system will tell us "Your task is not released" and the status of ticket stay at "in development".

Do i have been a little clearer?

Apologize me that in english, i don't really succeed to write my ideas.

Have a good day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like SP27 changned something on you. I would open an OSS ticket for this while you wait and see if anyone else in here has had this issue.

You can also go through the configuration and look at that check for the released tasks. Did you create your own ZDMJ or do you use the default SDMJ? If you made your own custom one, compare the two and see if anything is different.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The person who implanted ChaRM had copied the SDHF in ZDHF, i check the difference altough it was a little difficult to me to retrieve and understand all the configurations but there is not really a problem. I can see the test ALL_TASKS_RELEASED, but when we look to the slg1, we see that this test is ok, therefore i don't have to...And in the end, we have the error 'All your task is not released'...

Really strange...

I will see with him on monday, if he will see something and after i will make an oss call.

Therefore in addition i have a problem of timewait of the transport, could you tell me where can i find this parameter CHECK_NTIME _SOCM ? I want to increase the value, but in the note 1426029, they don't specified where i have to change this...

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: It's ok for the parameter CHECK_NTIME_SOCM, i hadn't understand that it was a user parameter that you have to change in su01 and on the solman system. I've searched and found it. So now it's ok for the timewait.

Edited by: Florent TARDIVON on Aug 18, 2011 7:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florent TARDIVON,

Can you check the Maintenance cycle used. i have seen similar error when my tasks in the maintenance cycle is not released.

to Release a task you have to right click on top level and choose Lock/Unlock subsequent tasks.

Not sure if that would fix your issue.

I assume you have researched on the OSS notes for SP27 upgrade.

regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

I've checked the tasklist but it's not from there. All my tasks are unblocked.

And yes, i've search all the notes for the upgrade, on the marketplace, for the sp27 etc...I also check the note from january to now...

Nothing talk about this kind of problems.

Thanks for the response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Does all the transport requests - tasks for that UC is released. ?

regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

it was the problem Naveen, before the sp27, the system told us that the task was not released and now it makes an exceptional error.

but it was a regression of the code, we saw that with the person in charge of charm, in order to solve our problem, we create an internal temporary state, which test and if the test is ok, the temporary state changes the status and modify the bp.

I can close now this thread.

Thanks all for your help

Answers (0)