Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staffing Manager unable to see resources

manish_mohan3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have assigned a "Person" as a Staffing Manager for a Org Unit in HR.

Now when the Person logins to RPM, he does not see all his direct/indirect reportees under "Resource Management" in Portfolio Management.

Could someone please guide me here.

Thank you,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If none of the resource from org unit is being shown then make sure that portal user is same (or mapped to same backend user) as one displayed in "Org and Staffing change(PPOME). I assume HR data has been already replicated in PPM system.

Regards,

Alok.

manish_mohan3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for you reply Alok.

Yes, the login id's are same but still I am unable to see any resources. Are there any other places that I need to check.

Thank you,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Did you, by chance, check the staffing manager's role from the authorization perspective ? I had come across the similar situation, but only after assigning the resource_manager or any relevant role to the staffing manager's id, he/she was able to view all the direct/indirect resources.

Regards,

Karthik

manish_mohan3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Yes, this logon user has the resource manager role, but still no resources under him.

Just to summarize, these are steps I have done so far.

1) Created Org Unit in HR. Perfomed assignments to incorporate other Org Units under the initially created Org Unit.

2) Created a staffing manager ( tried assigning as "Person" and "User" ) and assigned it to main Org Unit.

3) Ran PFAL to transfer all objects.

4) Made sure the staffing manager has resource manager roles in RPM, but when I login I do not see any resources under him.

Could you please confirm if the steps are right and guide me on next steps.

Thank you,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

As mentioned previously, go to PPOME transaction in PPM system and check if staffing manager has been assigned and it has user name same as login user. Running PFAL does not necessarily means all object has been created correctly with correct relation.

Regards,

Alok.

manish_mohan3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Thank you for your reply. I see that the assignments did not get carried over.

Is this a know issue. Do we have any work around. Please advise.

Thank you,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Create a Resource Pool under Administration and assign the staffing manager as a resource manager and assign the resources under him by selecting either the ID/Org Unit for which he is a staffing manager. Then go to the Resource Management tab under Resources the staffing Manager will able to see all his resources.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Can you please refer the above reply wherein you can create resource pool with reference to org. unit you transferred through ALE. I am sure that Org. unit has transferred correctly. You need to assign your user to that reosurce pool as resource manager.

Please let me know if you still facing the same problem.

Regards,

Pramod