cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMSY Data Source changes after performing Managed System Config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am working with Solman EHP1 SPS26. I have setup up my central SLD to push system data to my Solman local SLD which is then retrieved from Landscape Fetch to SMSY. Initially, everything seemed to be working and all data sources reported SLD.

However, once I performed the Managed System Confirguration wizard for a particular technical system, that systems data source would change to TMS/RFC under SMSY. It's actually not even that consistent. For example, the server says source is RFC, the product system says TMS/RFC and some of the product instances still say SLD.

Is this normal for this to happen after connecting a managed system? Will these systems still be updated via the SLD considering SMSY_SETUP is configured to use the SLD?

Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you notice in SMSY this is not an editable field.

It is reporting the last datasource used.

Thefore when you made a change via managed system setup that became the last data source used.

So yes it is normal to see this change.

If you have configured the datasource to be the SLD, it should continue to update these systems.

Where you need to watch out is making manual changes in SMSY, as the SLD can view this as a different system to the SID it knows and will generate systems with known SIDs appended with a suffix variable to distinguish it, as the SLD will not overwrite manual changes, and will create new systems instead.

But the field in SMSY reflects the last data source used.

Hope this helps some.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul. I just wanted to verify it was normal. Makes me more relieved.

Answers (0)