Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error During Executing ESourcing Workflow

ritikbaral
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am getting the following error while moving the Workflow from Awarding to Draft phase.In my case the approver is getting added and the document is getting locked, so there is something wrong with the post script.Need urgent help ...

Got the following log by going to : Setup > Background Task Status List

Error:

AssociatedAttribute=WORK_ITEMS - SourceBo=-2147480646:1907:newpkg_wp1 - ValidatingParent=-2147480646:1907:newpkg_wp1 - com.frictionless.api.common.exception.ApplicationException: At least one of the items above is invalid. Mouse over the highlighted area for more details.

at com.frictionless.api.common.exception.ChainedExceptionFactory.createApplicationException(ChainedExceptionFactory.java:90)

at com.frictionless.common.db.PersistentBo.createApplicationException(PersistentBo.java:3160)

at com.frictionless.doc.collection.GeneralCollnBo.createApplicationException(GeneralCollnBo.java:324)

at com.frictionless.doc.collection.GeneralCollnBo.createApplicationException(GeneralCollnBo.java:336)

at com.frictionless.doc.collection.AssocCollnBo.validateCollection(AssocCollnBo.java:998)

at com.frictionless.doc.ContainerBo.execValidate(ContainerBo.java:3777)

at com.frictionless.doc.ContainerBo.validate(ContainerBo.java:1255)

at com.frictionless.doc.ContainerDocBo.validate(ContainerDocBo.java:1232)

at com.frictionless.doc.AbsDocBo.validate(AbsDocBo.java:3129)

at com.frictionless.doc.MasterDataBo.validate(MasterDataBo.java:202)

at com.frictionless.workflow.engine.handlers.PhaseChangeInstantiationRequestHandler.processApprovalActivity(PhaseChangeInstantiationRequestHandler.java:978)

at com.frictionless.workflow.engine.handlers.PhaseChangeInstantiationRequestHandler.processActivity(PhaseChangeInstantiationRequestHandler.java:296)

at com.frictionless.workflow.engine.handlers.PhaseChangeInstantiationRequestHandler.processHook(PhaseChangeInstantiationRequestHandler.java:245)

at com.frictionless.workflow.engine.handlers.WorkflowEngineRequestHandler.process(WorkflowEngineRequestHandler.java:197)

at com.frictionless.workflow.engine.WorkflowEngine.process(WorkflowEngine.java:403)

at com.frictionless.workflow.engine.WorkflowEngine.processPhaseChangeInstantiationRequest(WorkflowEngine.java:134)

at com.frictionless.workflow.engine.WorkflowEngineDaemon.processPhaseChangeInstantiationRequest(WorkflowEngineDaemon.java:328)

at com.frictionless.workflow.engine.WorkflowEngineDaemon.processHook(WorkflowEngineDaemon.java:148)

at com.frictionless.comp.daemon.AbsEventDaemon.process(AbsEventDaemon.java:151)

at com.frictionless.comp.daemon.ResponsibleEventDaemon.runHook(ResponsibleEventDaemon.java:143)

at com.frictionless.comp.daemon.ResponsibleDaemonBase.run(ResponsibleDaemonBase.java:301)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

AssociatedAttribute=DISPLAY_NAME - SourceBo=-2147482625:1901:null - ValidatingParent=-2147480646:1907:newpkg_wp1 - com.frictionless.api.common.exception.ApplicationException: This field is required and must have a value.

at com.frictionless.api.common.exception.ChainedExceptionFactory.createApplicationException(ChainedExceptionFactory.java:90)

at com.frictionless.common.db.PersistentBo.createApplicationException(PersistentBo.java:3160)

at com.frictionless.common.db.PersistentBo.validate(PersistentBo.java:1497)

at com.frictionless.doc.ContainerBo.validate(ContainerBo.java:1248)

at com.frictionless.doc.collection.AssocCollnBo.validateCollection(AssocCollnBo.java:968)

at com.frictionless.doc.ContainerBo.execValidate(ContainerBo.java:3777)

at com.frictionless.doc.ContainerBo.validate(ContainerBo.java:1255)

at com.frictionless.workflow.engine.handlers.PhaseChangeInstantiationRequestHandler.processApprovalActivity(PhaseChangeInstantiationRequestHandler.java:978)

at com.frictionless.workflow.engine.handlers.PhaseChangeInstantiationRequestHandler.processActivity(PhaseChangeInstantiationRequestHandler.java:296)

at com.frictionless.workflow.engine.handlers.PhaseChangeInstantiationRequestHandler.processHook(PhaseChangeInstantiationRequestHandler.java:245)

at com.frictionless.workflow.engine.handlers.WorkflowEngineRequestHandler.process(WorkflowEngineRequestHandler.java:197)

at com.frictionless.workflow.engine.WorkflowEngine.process(WorkflowEngine.java:403)

at com.frictionless.workflow.engine.WorkflowEngine.processPhaseChangeInstantiationRequest(WorkflowEngine.java:134)

at com.frictionless.workflow.engine.WorkflowEngineDaemon.processPhaseChangeInstantiationRequest(WorkflowEngineDaemon.java:328)

at com.frictionless.workflow.engine.WorkflowEngineDaemon.processHook(WorkflowEngineDaemon.java:148)

at com.frictionless.comp.daemon.AbsEventDaemon.process(AbsEventDaemon.java:151)

at com.frictionless.comp.daemon.ResponsibleEventDaemon.runHook(ResponsibleEventDaemon.java:143)

at com.frictionless.comp.daemon.ResponsibleDaemonBase.run(ResponsibleDaemonBase.java:301)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ritikbaral
Explorer
0 Kudos

This issue has been resolved . It was occurring because of the wrong import.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritik,

I am facing a nullpointer issue in workflow, could you please provide details of which import you fixed and how?

Thanks,

MP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MP,

Usually we do the following imports to the XPDL file:-

import com.frictionless.api.common.exception.*;

import com.frictionless.api.common.log.Logger;

import com.frictionless.api.common.platform.*;

import com.frictionless.api.common.types.*;

import com.frictionless.api.doc.collaboration.*;

import com.frictionless.api.doccommon.masterdata.*;

import com.frictionless.api.ibean.*;

import com.frictionless.api.util.*;

import com.frictionless.api.workflow.*;

import com.frictionless.api.projects.*;

import com.frictionless.api.common.log.*;

import com.frictionless.api.ibean.*;

import com.frictionless.api.usermgmt.masterdata.*;

import com.frictionless.api.doc.collaboration.*;

import java.util.Date;

If your are still facing the issue then check for the imports ,other than the above mentioned .

Thanks,

Ankur Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ankur,

My workflow has a NullPointer issue in the final block, where I am advancing to the next phase. The phase does get advanced but the system lock does not get removed. Changing these imports did not fix the issue.

Thanks,

MP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MP,

There is some variable in the code which you are referring and giving the Null .I have checked your log and find this info :-

Thread.java:534) AssociatedAttribute=DISPLAY_NAME - SourceBo=-2147482625:1901:null - ValidatingParent=-2147480646:1907:newpkg_wp1 - com.frictionless.api.common.exception.ApplicationException:

Can you Please check ,what is this DISPLAY_NAME and how we are not getting the value in it.

I would suggest you to try this code in the script first ,So that you can get the exact information about the error.

Thanks,

Ankur Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thank you for your help.

Baski answered my quesion on this thread

[;

My final block acitivity was missing a FinishMode property.

Thanks,

MP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ritik,

As you might have already seen in the error log, there is some mandatory field which requires a value and you are not providing it. I guess it is probably at the workitem level. Not sure about it.

I would suggest to add some logging info in your workflow code and find out till where it is executing succesfully. It shall be easire for you to point out the problem then.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Devesh