cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call MDM Workflow from webdynpro java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are implementing MDM on Portal . And need to have 'Save and Submit' functionality for an Item.

So that once a user creates an item and hit's 'Save And Submit' , it should save the record and trigger the workflow, whereas 'Save' should just save the record. The Save button is already there in the standard Business Package , how can we have a button similar to it for 'Save and Submit'.

We need to call the workflow somehow from Webdynpro java Application.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A save event at Portal is equivalent to Record Add/Update at MDM.

So any event of Save and submit will automatically call MDM WF based on Trigger action if it is configured so.

You can have a Validate button which will call all the validations in MDM before final SUBMIT event.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Thanks for the reply.But in the Standard Item Details iviews , the Save button is available but there is no 'Save And Submit' there so how can we have a custom 'Save and Submit' button which will save the record and trigger the MDM Workflow.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

For my better understanding please ans these:

Are you using Standard content or custom?

Why do you want a save and submit if you have submit as validations run on submit anyways?

Do you want to have a custom button on standard iview?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

We are using Standard Content. You can do the Submit in the UWL for the item after the save is completed . But the users want to have 'Save And Submit' at one place rather than doing it twice.

Yes, is there a way to have custom button on the Standard iview ?

Thanks

former_member40425
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create one custom button in Your WebDynPro Application with Text = 'Save & Submit' and don't enable Save button on your standard ItemDetails.

In the event handler of Save & Submit you can save record using following line of code.

wdThis.wdGet<Item_Details>Interface().saveRecord();

Afer saving successfully you can trigger MDM workflow.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. So how can we get to the Standard Webdynpro Applications for MDM and customize them.?

Pls help.

former_member40425
Contributor
0 Kudos

You must have embeded your standard components in any view of Webdynpro, there only you can insert one custom button and perform the functionality as explained in above post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. But I am still not clear about how can I get to the Standard Webdynpro Applications for MDM and add a custom button there.

Pls help.

former_member40425
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am not wrong you must be consuming your standard MDM components using followiing approach.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/600333e0-9bf7-2c10-1f99-bf5dcf661...

If you are working with another method, then let me know.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

The document you gave requires --- SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment (CE) 7.11 SP04 (or higher) or SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment (CE) 7.2

But we are on Netweaver 7.02 SP6 although we have MDM Java API on 7.1 SP6.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also update while importing the records,by giving the work flow name in configuration options.

regrads

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas on this...

Thanks