cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Only After End of Main Window" Window Not Displaying at All

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on Smartform. I have a pair of secondary windows I want to put down at the bottom of the page, but only after all the items in my Main window have been listed. So if the Main window continues on to the second page, for example, I only want to see my two secondary windows on the second page. So I checked the "Only After End of Main Window" checkbox for them, but now they aren't displaying at all. I can't figure out how to get them to show up. What am I missing?

I do have a Command node in my Main window to jump to another page I have reserved to be the LAST page (contains terms and conditions I want at the end), but I tried taking that away and it didn't make a difference. I can't see what could be causing it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have created the secondary windows in first page and second page, then it will display automatically as per the condition.

Make sure that the secondary windows are also available in next page

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

The secondary windows are on both the FIRST and NEXT pages and I have the Only After End of Main condition enabled on them. They are currently displaying correctly, but now the form is not jumping to my TERMS window at the end despite the command node I have in the MAIN window that should be making this happen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is very tricky. I also faced this situation. set a flag in main window and then set this flag as condition in you T & C page.

This will solve the problem.

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey I think that did the trick. I put in a code node at the end of my MAIN window to set a flag, and then use that as the condition by which I display my secondary windows. It is also using the command node to jump to the TERMS page at the end. Thanks!

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seth,

Also check below link:

[]

BR

Dep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses so far. I've tried a few different things and am getting closer, but not quite there yet.

I have checked all the windows and they are positioned below the main window both in the window list and on the form itself. This does not appear to be the issue.

Things I have tried without success:

- Changing my secondary windows to Final windows. Result: The windows showed up, but on every page of the form, not just after the Main window like I want. I will also note that it doesn't matter if the Only After End of Main Window condition is checked or not. It does this regardless.

- Removing the command node. Result: This got the windows to show up only after the main window, but it doesn't jump to the LAST page for the Terms and Conditions I want to put on the end of the form, since the node to do that is no longer there.

Where I am now:

To the command node in my main window (and it is at the bottom of the window, so should be the last thing processed) I added the Only After End of Main Window condition. This has gotten me the desired result of my target secondary windows only displaying after the main window is complete. HOWEVER, now the form is not displaying my LAST page, which is what the command node is supposed to jump to. So I'm really close, but now how do I get my LAST page to show up? If I turn the condition on the command node off, it goes back to not displaying my secondary windows.

So it looks like the command node might have something to do with my secondary windows not displaying in the right place, but the only way I can get them to work is by disabling it (I also did not expect setting the Only After Main condition on the command node to disable it). I really need both these parts to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seth,

Try this:

1. Instead of creating secondary windows under MAIN window, create templates WITHIN MAIN window, using templates you can position contents at appropriate position have borders, lines etc..

2. Create LAST page and have ONLY MAIN window in it, covering complete page with say 1cm margin on all sides.

3. In FIRST page next page attribites set LAST page as next page.

4. NOw within th MAIN window as a LAST component after all secondary windows, create a Command Node(right click Create->Flow Logic->Command) of type COMMAND, here check GO TO NEW PAGE and choose the page where it has to go (LAST page) and in the condition tab check also ONLY ON THE FIRST PAGE.

Hope this helps.

BR

Dep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. My MAIN content is of variable length, so I'm not sure how to use a template for it, since those are of fixed size (if I understand them right?). I also don't wnat to put the MAIN window on my LAST page, since the content on that page is only for terms and conditions and is all static content.

I don't think I've done a good job of explaining what I am trying to do.

The form I am trying to create is for a purchase order document. I will have a list of line items starting from the first page (my "FIRST" page) and extending, as necessary, to the subsequent pages (my "NEXT" page(s)). So the FIRST page has the next page attribute set to NEXT as does the NEXT page so it will just continue looping until all the items in my table inside the MAIN window are listed. The document may be only 1 page long (in which case it would never actually get to the NEXT page), or it might be 10 pages long. It needs to go however many pages it takes to list all the content. On whatever page it does end on, I want to display some instructions to our supplier, which is what I am using the secondary windows for, but I only want it to appear on the page where my MAIN content ended. So it may appear on the FIRST page (in the case a single-page PO), or it may appear on one of the NEXT pages.

After all that is done, I want to have one last page (I called it TERMS, but it should always be the last page) containing our terms and conditions for the PO, so at the end of the MAIN window I placed a command node to have it jump to the TERMS window. This is just a static page with some fixed text on it, but needs to be tacked on to the very end of the document.

So in all, my form has 3 page type: FIRST, NEXT, and TERMS.

I have it now where the windows with my instructions are appearing in the appropriate place (in my test case, I have a 2-page PO, and the windows are appearing on the second page only, as I want), but it is not doing the jump to my TERMS page. I got to this point by putting a condition on my comand node to work Only After Main Window. If I turn this condition off, my instruction windows no longer display, or display on every page, depending on how I set the condition on them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seth,

Just check the position alignments of all your windows.

Note: Whenever you go with the option "Only after end of main window". Please make sure that your respective windows for which condition is set has to be placed after main window.

Hope you get the logic behind it.

BR,

Vinit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the co-ordinates of the secondary windows in the output options (Position and size).

Set their position in the page such as they appear below main window. Then use this condition 'Only after main window'.

If you have placed these windows in the second page and the main window lasts for only first page, then these windows will not be displayed.

Any window placed above main window with this condition will not be displayed as the condition is checked first and then the logic in the corresponding window is executed. (This is mostly applicable in case of first page and the secondary window is places above main window).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhijeet Kapgate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rowan,

Could you check the position of the secondary window node in the tree structure in the left panel of your smartforms screen?

"Only After End of Main Window" works only when the secondary window is placed below the main window because Smartforms flow from the top to the bottom hence it makes more sense that 'after end of main window' happens after the main window. This won't affect the position of your windows in the print-out layout though. You can still print the secondary window above the main window.

I tried this and it works.

Regards,

Anung

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seth,

what you could do is right click on table in main window and create template and use it is similiar to window you can have border using display patterns buttons on template .

So the template will be displayed on end of table completion.

Hope this helps.

BR

Dep

Edited by: DeepakNandikanti on Aug 18, 2011 11:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seth,

Click on below link:

[;

Similiar Requirement.

BR

Dep